- Tennessee AG appointed to investigate Durham allegations Updated: Feb-08-16 6:38 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A special House committee has voted to designate Tennessee's attorney general to investigate sexual harassment allegations against Republican state Rep. Jeremy Durham.
- Rural broadband supporters call for change in Tennessee law Updated: Feb-03-16 7:30 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Rural lawmakers on Wednesday compared the dearth of broadband connections in their areas to being bypassed by electrification more than 80 years ago.
- Harwell: Durham scandal won't affect gubernatorial decision Updated: Feb-02-16 5:08 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - House Speaker Beth Harwell said Tuesday that the scandal surrounding a Republican lawmaker who has gone on hiatus amid sexual harassment allegations shouldn't damage her prospects as a serious gubernatorial candidate in Tennessee.
- Haslam, lawmakers see need to clear pending records requests Updated: Jan-28-16 5:20 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam and two top Tennessee lawmakers say they recognize the need to clear a backlog of hundreds of open records requests.
- Hospital group takes longer approach to Insure Tennessee Updated: Jan-26-16 3:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Hospital Association, a key supporter of Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's unsuccessful effort to expand Medicaid in the state, is planning a new push to pass the measure once this year's presidential election is over.
- Higher education changes highlight Haslam's 2016 agenda Updated: Jan-21-16 7:12 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam on Thursday released his administration's 42-bill agenda for this year's legislative session that includes an effort to restructure higher education governance that led to the early retirement of the chancellor of the Tennessee Board of Regents schools.
- House Democrats celebrate $100K donation from Freeman Updated: Jan-13-16 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee House Democrats are celebrating a $100,000 donation from real estate mogul and former Nashville mayoral candidate Bill Freeman.
- Medicaid expansion protesters greet returning lawmakers Updated: Jan-12-16 3:00 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Protesters advocating for the passage of Gov. Bill Haslam's Medicaid expansion proposal packed the state Capitol on Tuesday, singing, chanting and waving signs as lawmakers who defeated the measure last year returned for the first day of the legislative session.