- VU poll: Majority in Tenn. want Medicaid expansion Updated: Dec-11-13 5:09 pm
- Resolution seeks adjustment to funding formula Updated: Dec-11-13 1:54 pm
- Gov. Haslam lays out conditions for Medicaid deal Updated: Dec-09-13 8:29 pm
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Dec-03-13 4:28 pm
- Haslams host open house at governor's mansion Updated: Dec-03-13 3:35 am
- Tenn. lawmakers target meth-making parents Updated: Nov-29-13 2:47 pm
- Nashville mayor wins annual food drive competition Updated: Nov-26-13 3:28 pm
- Tennessee highway construction threatened by possible... Updated: Nov-26-13 1:19 pm
- Federal judge approves Pilot Flying J fuel-rebate... Updated: Nov-26-13 12:50 pm
- Judge OKs $84.9M payout in truck stop scandal Updated: Nov-25-13 6:09 pm
- Haslam wraps up hearings with Transportation Dept. Updated: Nov-25-13 6:08 pm
- Fairness hearing set on Pilot Flying J settlement Updated: Nov-24-13 3:13 pm
- Tennessee governor backs health insurance extension Updated: Nov-20-13 1:51 pm
- Haslam OKs health plan extension Updated: Nov-19-13 3:43 pm
- AP Exclusive: US union vote won't affect VW plans Updated: Nov-15-13 3:43 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Three in five Tennesseans support expanding Medicaid, though nearly half also have a negative view of the federal health care law, according to a Vanderbilt University poll released Wednesday.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Metro Nashville school district wants Gov. Bill Haslam and state lawmakers to adjust the state's school funding formula to adequately fund districts statewide.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam is putting his goals for a special Tennessee deal for Medicaid expansion into writing.
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam and his wife, Crissy, are hosting their third annual "Tennessee's Home for the Holidays" open house at the governor's mansion in Nashville.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Two state lawmakers have filed legislation that would allow meth-making parents to be charged with child abuse or neglect even if the child has suffered no apparent harm from exposure to the illegal drug.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville Mayor Karl Dean has won his "food fight" with Gov. Bill Haslam for the second year in a row.
NASHVILLE - Tennessee stands to lose $850 million in federal highway money for one year, followed each year by about $300 million less than current funding levels if Congress fails to renew the federal transportation act when it expires next Oct. 1, the state's transportation chief says.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A federal judge in Arkansas has approved a proposed settlement between Pilot Flying J and trucking companies that have sued over allegations of diesel fuel rebate fraud.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A federal judge in Arkansas approved a settlement Monday that pays $84.9 million to 5,500 trucking companies that were cheated out of promised rebates by Pilot Flying J, the nation's largest diesel retailer.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Transportation Department commissioner said Monday that the state won't be able to start any new highway projects if it loses federal funding next year.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Parties in a $70 million truck-stop rebate scandal linked to a company owned by the governor of Tennessee and his brother, who owns the Cleveland Browns, are to gather in court Monday for a federal court hearing that could end in approval of a settlement.
Gov. Bill Haslam has given his stamp of approval to giving health insurers in Tennessee the power to allow customers to keep coverage in 2014 that won't meet new standards set by federal health care reform.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam says he will allow an extension to Tennessee residents whose health insurance plans were deemed invalid under the federal health care law.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A top Volkswagen labor official says a pending decision about union representation for workers at the automaker's lone U.S. plant will have no bearing on whether the company will decide to add the production of another vehicle there.