- Senate passes Medicaid legislative approval bill Updated: Mar-06-14 6:53 pm
- Haslam stands by own anti-meth proposal in House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:38 pm
- School voucher bill advances in Tenn. House Updated: Mar-05-14 3:26 pm
- House panel sidetracks Haslam's anti-meth proposal Updated: Mar-04-14 8:44 pm
- Supermarket wine sales bill headed to governor Updated: Mar-03-14 7:25 pm
- Summitt dedication increases demand for Blue Book Updated: Mar-03-14 4:02 am
- No sign of expansion at plant where UAW dealt loss Updated: Feb-28-14 9:01 am
- No sign of expansion at plant where UAW dealt loss Updated: Feb-28-14 4:22 am
- TN official: UAW no deal breaker for Memphis site Updated: Feb-19-14 4:52 pm
- ECD chief: UAW no deal breaker for West Tenn. site Updated: Feb-19-14 1:58 pm
- After UAW defeat, can GOP fulfill promise of jobs? Updated: Feb-17-14 4:01 am
- Haslam gets invite to state dinner at White House Updated: Feb-12-14 4:05 am
- Tennessee editorial roundup Updated: Feb-11-14 2:07 pm
- UAW critics take differing approaches to VW vote Updated: Feb-06-14 6:53 pm
- Tenn. lawmakers propose bills for Common Core Updated: Feb-06-14 6:01 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Senate on Thursday voted to require Gov. Bill Haslam to secure legislative approval for any potential deal to expand Medicaid in Tennessee despite the Republican governor's repeated assurances that he would first seek their OK for any arrangement.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam said Wednesday he is standing by his anti-meth proposal despite the bill being sidetracked in a House subcommittee earlier this week.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A proposal to create a school voucher program in Tennessee is advancing in the House despite concerns from some lawmakers that the legislation would be detrimental to public schools.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A House subcommittee Tuesday sidetracked Gov. Bill Haslam's anti-meth proposal while advancing a rival measure that would place lesser restrictions on buying cold and allergy medicines used to make the illegal drug.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Legislation that would let voters decide whether their cities or counties allow wine to be sold in supermarkets and convenience stores has been sent to the governor, who is expected to sign the measure into law.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee is seeing an increased demand for the latest edition of the state's Blue Book, which is dedicated to former Lady Vols coach Pat Summitt and includes a special orange version.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Friday marks the end of the two-week period within which U.S. Sen. Bob Corker promised Volkswagen would announce another line at its factory in Tennessee if workers rejected representation by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Friday marks the end of the two-week period within which U.S. Sen. Bob Corker promised Volkswagen would announce another line at its factory in Tennessee if workers there rejected representation by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee officials promoting a 6-square-mile "mega site" outside Memphis say it would be ideally suited for a new auto assembly plant - even if its workers are represented by the United Auto Workers union.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee officials promoting a 6-square-mile "megasite" outside of Memphis say it would be ideally suited for a new auto assembly plant - even if its workers are represented by the United Auto Workers union.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - Republicans fighting a yearslong unionization effort at the Volkswagen plant in Tennessee painted a grim picture in the days leading up to last week's vote. They said if Chattanooga employees joined the United Auto Workers, jobs would go elsewhere and incentives for the company would disappear.
Recent editorials from Tennessee newspapers:
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two of the more vocal Republican critics of efforts to unionize the Volkswagen assembly plant in Tennessee are taking opposing approaches to a pending vote over United Auto Workers representation next week.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Lawmakers have proposed a number of measures this legislative session targeting Tennessee's Common Core standards - including a proposal to do away with them.