- 108th General Assembly adjourns for the year Updated: Apr-17-14 5:20 pm
- In Tenn., school voucher bill fails for session Updated: Apr-15-14 4:34 pm
- Strong beer sales bill headed to governor's desk Updated: Apr-15-14 5:06 am
- Smyrna students go hands-on, spark curiosity Updated: Apr-12-14 12:17 pm
- UAW subpoenas Haslam, Corker in VW challenge Updated: Apr-09-14 9:28 pm
- Panel consolidates lawsuits against Pilot Flying J Updated: Apr-09-14 4:05 am
- Press asks for more access to Haslam speeches Updated: Apr-07-14 1:14 pm
- Alexander has $3.1M on hand for Senate campaign Updated: Apr-04-14 4:06 am
- Appellate judge appointed to Tenn. Supreme Court Updated: Apr-03-14 6:16 pm
- Board: Higher Education budget in limbo Updated: Mar-28-14 7:12 pm
- Ramsey: Pay raises, higher ed funding face cuts Updated: Mar-28-14 5:22 pm
- Panel begins study of state's funding formula Updated: Mar-24-14 4:13 pm
- Common Core spawns widespread political fights Updated: Mar-24-14 2:17 pm
- Haslam signs supermarket wine bill into law Updated: Mar-20-14 5:53 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - State lawmakers concluded a session Thursday in which they approved measures to allow folks to buy wine in grocery stores, fight methamphetamine production and give high school graduates free tuition at community colleges.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Gov. Bill Haslam's proposal to create a program that gives parents the option to move a child from a failing public school to a private school has once again failed to pass.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A bill to allow stronger beer to be sold in Tennessee supermarkets and convenience stores is headed for Gov. Bill Haslam's desk.
SMYRNA, Tennessee - On a recent afternoon, Smyrna Middle School students sat attentively at their desks and learned how industrial engineers apply their knowledge in the car industry.
CHATTANOOGA, Tennessee - The United Auto Workers has issued subpoenas to U.S. Sen. Bob Corker, Gov. Bill Haslam and 18 other officials as part of a challenge of a vote rejecting union representation at the Volkswagen plant in Chattanooga.
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A federal panel has consolidated seven lawsuits against Pilot Flying J, the truck stop company owned by the family of Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam and Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam. The suits claims Pilot cheated trucking companies out of promised rebates and discounts.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Capitol Hill Press Corps is asking Gov. Bill Haslam to let them know when he is going to make a speech.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican U.S. Sen. Lamar Alexander raised $614,000 in the first quarter, leaving him with $3.1 million on hand for his bid for a third term.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Republican Gov. Bill Haslam on Thursday named Criminal Appeals Judge Jeff Bivins to fill an upcoming vacancy on the Tennessee Supreme Court bench.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Members of the Tennessee Board of Regents said Friday that they don't know how much money the state's universities and community colleges are going to receive in the budget because of a shortfall in tax collections.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey says worse-than-expected revenue collections could force Tennessee to cancel planned pay raises for state employees and reduce planned investments in higher education.
NASHVILL, Tennessee - A task force appointed by Gov. Bill Haslam has begun studying the state's school funding formula.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - More than five years after U.S. governors began a bipartisan effort to set new standards in American schools, the Common Core initiative has morphed into a political tempest fueling division among Republicans.
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Folks waiting for the neighborhood grocery store to stock their favorite merlot or chardonnay may have to wait a little longer even though Gov. Bill Haslam has signed a law to allow supermarket wine sales in Tennessee.