- Royals fall to Astros 5-2 in opener of AL Division Series Updated: Oct-09-15 1:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals were in this situation last year, dropping the World Series opener to San Francisco before responding with victories in the next two games.
- McHugh pitches Astros to 5-2 win over Royals to open ALDS Updated: Oct-09-15 12:44 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Houston Astros manager A.J. Hinch has a "soft rule" when it comes to a rain delay during a game: If it lasts about an hour, he'll usually remove his starting pitcher.
- Royals, Astros both have penchant for playing at home Updated: Oct-08-15 3:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Astros slugger George Springer attributes the trouble his team had on the road all season to the color of their jerseys, gray and drab, which might seem preposterous except for one thing: His manager, A.J. Hinch, offered up with the exact same reason.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Playoff Push: Kershaw aims at redemption, stars set to debut Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
The Major League Baseball playoffs begin this week, starting Tuesday night with the American League wild-card game at Yankee Stadium.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Altuve hurt, Astros lose 8th in row to AL West-leading Texas Updated: Sep-26-15 1:54 am
HOUSTON - The Houston Astros lost All-Star second baseman Jose Altuve, then dropped yet another game to AL West-leading Texas.
- Astros star 2B Altuve injured in collision with SS Correa Updated: Sep-25-15 11:27 pm
HOUSTON - Astros star second baseman Jose Altuve has been hurt in a collision with rookie shortstop Carlos Correa in Houston's game Friday night against the Texas Rangers.
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.
- Valencia's 2 homers lead A's over fading Astros 4-3 Updated: Sep-19-15 1:01 am
HOUSTON - Danny Valencia has a knack for big hits against the Houston Astros.
- Rangers complete 4-game sweep of Astros for 1st in AL West Updated: Sep-18-15 12:29 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Shin-Soo Choo talked about the veterans on the Texas Rangers, and their collective experience in big games.
- Lowrie's HR caps Astros' 5-run rally in 9th past Angels 5-3 Updated: Sep-13-15 8:34 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Houston Astros were down three runs and down to their final out. Preston Tucker was down to his last strike, with nobody on base and dominant Angels closer Huston Street on the mound.
- Astros hit 4 homers, McHugh wins 16th in 11-5 win over A's Updated: Sep-10-15 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - Collin McHugh earned his 16th win of the season and the Houston Astros hit four home runs to beat the Oakland Athletics 11-5 Wednesday night, avoiding a series sweep.