- DC Council sues mayor over budget autonomy law Updated: Apr-17-14 2:56 pm
- Longtime DC official loses seat after reprimand Updated: Apr-02-14 6:05 pm
- DC mayoral nominee can't breeze to victory Updated: Apr-02-14 5:44 pm
- DC mayor signs pot decriminalization bill Updated: Mar-31-14 6:45 pm
- McAuliffe says fundraising letter a mistake Updated: Mar-27-14 4:23 pm
WASHINGTON - One branch of District of Columbia government sued another Thursday over how best to achieve a goal that both sides agree on: the ability of the city to spend its local tax dollars without authorization by Congress.
WASHINGTON - A longtime D.C. councilmember who was reprimanded by his colleagues last year for an ethics violation has lost his bid for a fifth term to a first-time council candidate.
WASHINGTON - Muriel Bowser's decisive victory in the District of Columbia's Democratic mayoral primary makes her the presumptive favorite to become the city's eighth mayor, but she can't expect to breeze through the general election like Democratic nominees have in four decades of mayoral elections.
WASHINGTON - District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray has signed a bill that decriminalizes possession of small amounts of marijuana.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Thursday he did not approve a fundraising appeal his newly formed political action committee sent promising big-dollar donors personal access to him and also said he's giving to charity a past contribution that came from a D.C. businessman who recently pleaded guilty to campaign finance violations.