- Supreme Court debates challenge to execution drug Updated: Apr-29-15 4:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Supreme Court justices engaged in an impassioned debate Wednesday about capital punishment, trading unusually combative words in a case involving a drug used in several botched executions.
- Justices: Police can't extend traffic stop awaiting drug dog Updated: Apr-21-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Tuesday that police may not extend an ordinary traffic stop to seek evidence of crimes unrelated to the offense that prompted officers to pull a vehicle over.
- Review: Renee Fleming delightful in madcap 'Living on Love' Updated: Apr-20-15 8:28 pm
NEW YORK - What if you produced a play about soccer players and managed to get Pele to be in it? Or convinced Ruth Bader Ginsburg to star in a show set in a courthouse?
- SUPREME COURT NOTEBOOK: Female justices honor O'Connor Updated: Apr-15-15 9:06 pm
WASHINGTON - All three female justices on the Supreme Court came together Wednesday to pay tribute to the life and continuing legacy of former Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the high court.
- Gay mentor, belief in dignity at roots of Kennedy's views Updated: Apr-14-15 11:43 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A long-held belief in the dignity of individuals and a close friendship with a closeted gay man in Sacramento could be at the root of Justice Anthony Kennedy's gay rights rulings on the Supreme Court.