- Roberts: Partisan confirmation fights hurt court's image Updated: Feb-04-16 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - Chief Justice John Roberts says he is concerned that partisan political battles over Supreme Court nominations have led to a widespread misunderstanding about the role of the court.
- Justice Robert Cordy of state's high court to retire Updated: Feb-03-16 4:47 pm
BOSTON - Robert Cordy, an associate justice of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court since 2001, announced Wednesday he would retire in August, giving Republican Gov. Charlie Baker the opportunity to make his first nomination to the state's highest court.
- Justices extend bar on automatic life terms for teenagers Updated: Jan-25-16 11:24 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Monday that people serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers must have a chance to seek their freedom, a decision that could affect more than 1,000 inmates.
- Events to mark centennial of Louis Brandeis on Supreme Court Updated: Jan-24-16 2:53 pm
WALTHAM, Massachusetts - Brandeis University will host a series of events to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the nomination and appointment of Louis D. Brandeis to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Supreme Court rules against business in class-action case Updated: Jan-20-16 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that a class-action lawsuit can continue, even after a business offers to pay everything sought by the person who first sued.
- The Latest: Obama takes 'one more look at this thing' Updated: Jan-12-16 10:43 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest on President Barack Obama's last State of the Union address. All times EST: