- Kazmir, Cueto acquired at deadline for postseason pushes Updated: Oct-08-15 5:59 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Astros swung a deal for Scott Kazmir in July with October baseball in mind.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Keuchel sharp, Astros beat Yankees 3-0 in AL wild-card game Updated: Oct-07-15 1:08 am
NEW YORK - A year ago, no one could've pictured this. Yet here they were, Dallas Keuchel and the Houston Astros, soaking in champagne, merrily posing for a victory shot on the mound at Yankee Stadium.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Astros hand Diamondbacks' record-breaking blowout loss Updated: Oct-03-15 3:17 am
PHOENIX - The Arizona Diamondbacks were looking to spoil Houston's postseason aspirations.
- Keuchel wins 20th, Astros set runs record, rout D-backs 21-5 Updated: Oct-03-15 1:53 am
- Hurricane Joaquin could cause havoc with MLB playoff picture Updated: Oct-02-15 4:38 am
Adrian Beltre, Carlos Correa or Andrew McCutchen certainly might deliver a big hit this weekend to improve their team's playoff position.
- Astros rally past Mariners, take over 2nd AL wild-card spot Updated: Oct-01-15 2:31 am
SEATTLE - Thanks to a late rally and help from others, the Houston Astros will go into their final series knowing three more wins will have them playing baseball beyond the final day of the regular season.
- Keuchel, Astros beat Rangers 4-2 to tighten AL West race Updated: Sep-27-15 5:35 pm
- Angels rally for 6-5 win over Astros to close wild-card gap Updated: Sep-23-15 7:37 pm
HOUSTON - The Los Angeles Angels aren't where they want to be yet, but they're closer than they were at the start of the week.
- Duffey pitches 7 shutout innings as Twins beat Angels 8-1 Updated: Sep-20-15 7:03 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's ability to bounce back from season-threatening slumps is a big reason they have remained in the AL wild card race.
- Rasmus homers twice, Springer connects, Astros top Athletics Updated: Sep-20-15 6:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston manager A.J. Hinch isn't surprised that his team shook off a terrible road trip by taking a series against Oakland with a 5-1 victory on Sunday.
- Cruz hits 40th HR, Hernandez wins, Mariners top Texas Updated: Sep-10-15 6:34 pm
- Angels hope for late rally to salvage an up-and-down season Updated: Sep-10-15 6:19 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Although Albert Pujols' sore right foot has reduced him to a designated hitter down the stretch for the Los Angeles Angels, the veteran first baseman hasn't missed a game in three weeks.
- Astros hit 4 homers, McHugh wins 16th in 11-5 win over A's Updated: Sep-10-15 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - Collin McHugh earned his 16th win of the season and the Houston Astros hit four home runs to beat the Oakland Athletics 11-5 Wednesday night, avoiding a series sweep.