- Congress Oks renaming post office for Rhode Island nun Updated: May-11-15 8:13 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Sen. Jack Reed says legislation to name a post office in Providence for the late community activist Sister Ann Keefe has passed in Congress.
- Historian retires; climate foes back chem bill Updated: May-07-15 3:16 pm
WASHINGTON - Senate historian Donald Ritchie is stepping down from his "front-row seat to the best show in town."
- Whitehouse proposes extended military foreclosure protection Updated: May-02-15 3:22 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse says he has introduced legislation to help protect military service members from losing their homes to foreclosure.
- Senate panel advances bill to overhaul chemical regulation Updated: Apr-28-15 2:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan bill to update regulation of harmful chemicals for the first time in nearly 40 years won approval from a Senate committee Tuesday, moving it closer to a vote in the full Senate.
- RI congressional delegation to meet with business leaders Updated: Apr-26-15 4:34 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The state's congressional delegation is meeting with business leaders for an annual forum on jobs and the economy.
- Firefighters awarded more than $600,000 in federal grants Updated: Apr-26-15 10:25 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Johnston Fire Department and the Rhode Island Fire Academy have been awarded more than $600,000 in federal grants.