- Education secretary Duncan visits Delaware Updated: Apr-09-14 2:18 pm
- College athletes take labor cause to Capitol Hill Updated: Apr-02-14 7:13 pm
- White House committee discusses Hispanic education Updated: Apr-01-14 2:20 pm
- Government: Education system rife with inequities Updated: Mar-22-14 3:06 am
- Thousands of preschool kids face suspension Updated: Mar-21-14 3:10 am
WILMINGTON, Delaware - U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan is getting a firsthand look at Delaware's school improvement efforts under the federal Race to the Top education reform program.
WASHINGTON - Northwestern University athletes pressed their case for collective bargaining rights during meetings Wednesday with lawmakers, as a vote was scheduled for them to decide whether to authorize a union.
MIAMI - A White House education commission is meeting in Miami to discuss ways to improve Hispanic academic performance.
WASHINGTON - Sixty years ago, the Supreme Court ruled that black children have the right to the same education as their white peers.
WASHINGTON - Even preschoolers are getting suspended from U.S. public schools - and they're disproportionately black, a trend that continues up through the later grades.