- Gruden says his 2-3 Redskins 'not into moral victories' Updated: Oct-12-15 6:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden knows part of what he needs to do to turn things around after six last-place finishes in seven seasons is to change his team's mindset.
- Falcons use strong finish to beat Redskins 25-19 in OT Updated: Oct-12-15 2:47 am
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Falcons are the first 5-0 team in NFL history to trail in the fourth quarter of four games. They rallied again Sunday, taking the lead with 24 seconds left, only to have to score again in overtime to stay perfect.
- WR Ryan Grant slips, Redskins fall to Falcons 25-19 in OT Updated: Oct-11-15 6:53 pm
ATLANTA - With his intended receiver sprawled on the field, it was difficult to tell if Kirk Cousins' last pass was on target.
- The Latest: DeMarcus Ware done for day with injured back Updated: Oct-11-15 6:01 pm
The latest from NFL games around the league on the fifth Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Alford's INT return lifts Falcons past Redskins 25-19 in OT Updated: Oct-11-15 5:52 pm
ATLANTA - With the game on the line, Robert Alford relied on lessons learned in his film study of Kirk Cousins' three-step drops.
- Michigan State-Rutgers Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 6:58 pm
No. 4 Michigan State (5-0, 1-0 Big Ten) at Rutgers (2-2, 0-1), 8:30 p.m. (BTN)
- From RG3 to Roberts, Redskins make performance-based moves Updated: Oct-08-15 4:16 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - The most talked-about and obvious move, of course, was the benching of Robert Griffin III in favor of Kirk Cousins as the starting quarterback.
- Redskins, QB Cousins need to show they can do it again Updated: Oct-07-15 4:44 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins proved to himself, his teammates, his head coach and future opponents that he can direct a game-winning drive.
- Kelly isn't changing anything despite Eagles' 1-3 start Updated: Oct-05-15 6:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A defiant Chip Kelly defended his coaching strategy and personnel decisions while blaming a 1-3 start on poor execution.
- Perennial losers, Redskins tied for 1st in NFC East at 2-2 Updated: Oct-05-15 5:39 pm
- Low on sacks, takeaways, Redskins looking for 'splash' plays Updated: Oct-01-15 4:25 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - It's a common lament heard around the Washington Redskins these days: The team is simply not coming up with many big plays.
- Cousins to McCoy to RG3, always something with Skins QBs Updated: Sep-30-15 5:11 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - There's always something, it seems, with the Washington Redskins' quarterbacks.
- Dolphins' Philbin: 'We're not getting 53 new players' Updated: Sep-28-15 5:57 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Joe Philbin arrived at work at 5:30 a.m. Monday with a long to-do list.
- Backup QB McCoy misses practice with undisclosed injury Updated: Sep-28-15 2:46 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Redskins backup quarterback Colt McCoy missed Monday's practice with an undisclosed injury.
- Steelers embracing more aggressive 2-point philosophy Updated: Sep-26-15 4:35 am
PITTSBURGH - Football nerds who have been preaching the virtue of the 2-point conversion over the traditional extra-point kick for years have a friend in Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.
- Despite picks, 'pitfalls,' Gruden backs Cousins as Skins QB Updated: Sep-25-15 6:08 pm
WASHINGTON - Three games into the season, Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins is already getting public votes of confidence from coach Jay Gruden.
- Giants finally finish one, Redskins done in by mistakes Updated: Sep-25-15 3:52 am
- Giants build lead and hold it, beat Redskins 32-21 Updated: Sep-25-15 12:51 am
EAST RUTHERFORD, New Jersey - Brave words after difficult defeats don't come close to soothing a losing team's spirits. Only wins can turn that trick.
- Playing the Redskins put Giants' Donnell on the map Updated: Sep-24-15 2:45 am
- Opponents completing 81 percent against Rams Updated: Sep-22-15 8:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Kirk Cousins had just four incomplete passes against the St. Louis Rams in the Washington Redskins' Week 2 victory. It only gets tougher for the secondary with Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers coming up.
- Hail to the Redskins! The new team to beat in NFC East Updated: Sep-22-15 2:30 am
Hail to the Redskins! Hail (one) Victory!
- Avoiding 0-2 start, Redskins, Matt Jones run past Rams 24-10 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:31 am
LANDOVER, Maryland - Coming off two seasons in which they won a meager total of seven games, and coming off Week 1 loss, the Washington Redskins were desperate for a victory to instill belief in coach Jay Gruden - and his emphasis on the run.
- Rookie Matt Jones, revamped D lead Redskins past Rams 24-10 Updated: Sep-20-15 6:12 pm
LANDOVER, Maryland - Forget everything you thought you knew about the importance of the passing game in today's NFL. Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden and new general manager Scot McCloughan want to win by moving the football on the ground.
- The Latest: Alonso, acquired for McCoy, out with knee injury Updated: Sep-20-15 5:52 pm
The Latest from NFL stadiums around the country on the second Sunday of the season(all times EDT):
- Jackson injury possibly from poor conditioning Updated: Sep-16-15 7:48 pm
ASHBURN, Virginia - Redskins wide receiver DeSean Jackson says missing most of the preseason could have contributed to the hamstring injury he suffered in the first quarter of a season-opening loss.