- Holiday movies: Fun to be found amid award-season bait Updated: Dec-06-13 9:47 am
- McConaughey charms as activist in 'Dallas Buyers Club' Updated: Nov-27-13 1:48 pm
- In WCup spotlight, Brazil's jersey loses shine Updated: Nov-25-13 9:32 am
- 'The Hunger Games' by the numbers Updated: Nov-22-13 10:53 am
- The day before JFK's assassination Updated: Nov-11-13 1:49 pm
The holiday movie season often is dominated by awards talk, since it's when studios release thoughtful dramas and big-budget fantasy epics meant to capture Oscar voters' fancies.
"Dallas Buyers Club" opens with the sound of huffing and puffing, which accompanies a shaky camera shot through the slats of a bull pen into the busy rodeo arena beyond.
SAO PAULO - Brazil's traditional yellow jersey has lost its all-conquering allure.
As 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" starts to burn up the box office, and fans start to look ahead to what comes next, here's a look at the "Hunger Games" trilogy by the numbers:
Many people still remember where they were the day President John F. Kennedy was assassinated - Friday, Nov. 22, 1963 - but what about the day before? What was life like for Americans on that Thursday, just before so much changed for the nation and the world?