- Maori king refuses meeting with British prince Updated: Mar-04-14 5:25 pm
- '12 Years a Slave' named best film at UK awards Updated: Feb-16-14 9:10 pm
- Princes William, Harry sandbag against UK floods Updated: Feb-14-14 5:21 pm
- Wildlife meeting calls for end to ivory stockpiles Updated: Feb-13-14 3:03 pm
- Duchess Kate returns to duties with black tie do Updated: Feb-11-14 5:44 pm
- Class back on rise in UK - but elite different Updated: Feb-10-14 4:38 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - New Zealand's indigenous Maori king has refused to meet with Prince William and wife Kate when they visit the country next month, saying Tuesday that officials organizing the royal couple's schedule didn't allow enough time.
LONDON - The force of "Gravity" was strong at the British Academy Film Awards on Sunday - but it was unflinching drama "12 Years a Slave" that took the top prize.
LONDON - Prince William and Prince Harry helped flood-hit British villagers protect their homes Friday, unloading sandbags alongside soldiers in a River Thames village.
LONDON - Representatives of world governments meeting in London vowed Thursday to put stockpiles of ivory "beyond use" and extend a ban on its trade in a bid to save African elephants from extinction.
LONDON - Duchess Kate returned to her public duties with a black tie fundraising dinner in aid of the National Portrait Gallery in London.
LONDON - For the past three decades, many Britons had hoped the rigid class system that defined their country from Dickens to "Downton Abbey" was finally dying. Now they fear that class, their old bugbear, is back on the rise.