- Price outpitched by Sabathia in Rays' loss to NY Updated: Apr-17-14 11:54 pm
- Sabathia beats Price; Yanks top Rays 10-2 Updated: Apr-17-14 11:47 pm
- White wash: Yanks sweep Cubs 3-0, 2-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:57 pm
- Jeter (quad) out of lineup for 2nd straight day Updated: Apr-13-14 8:12 pm
- Orioles rally in 9th for win against Yankees Updated: Apr-10-14 12:20 am
- Yankees closer Robertson headed to disabled list Updated: Apr-07-14 6:31 pm
- Sabathia gets 1st win; Yanks beat Blue Jays 6-4 Updated: Apr-06-14 5:48 pm
- Solarte's 3 hits lead Yankees over Astros, 4-2 Updated: Apr-04-14 12:42 am
- Tanaka strikes out 10, Yankees top Marlins 3-0 Updated: Mar-29-14 12:50 am
- Jeter's farewell, Tanaka's arrival highlight Yanks Updated: Mar-25-14 6:40 pm
- Closing time: From obscurity to supremacy and back Updated: Mar-24-14 3:12 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Everything was clicking for CC Sabathia. His pitches were humming, Yankees batters were in a groove and the defense even turned a triple play.
NEW YORK - There was nothing mysterious about Michael Pineda's performance this time. Masahiro Tanaka's dominant outing was pretty straight forward, too.
NEW YORK - Derek Jeter was out of the New York Yankees' lineup for the second consecutive game Sunday night after feeling tightness in his right quadriceps.
NEW YORK - Masahiro Tanaka made Adam Jones look silly in his first two at-bats. Still, the All-Star center fielder who is always at the ready with a not-so-safe opinion wasn't all that impressed by the young Japanese pitcher.
NEW YORK - Yankees closer David Robertson is headed to the disabled list because of a strained groin just three appearances into his role as Mariano Rivera's replacement.
TORONTO - With an 0-2 start now firmly in the rearview mirror, the New York Yankees are looking forward to heading home for what's likely to be a memorable opener in the Bronx.
HOUSTON - New York Yankees' manager Joe Girardi admitted he didn't know anything about Yangervis Solarte when he was signed to a minor league deal in January.
TAMPA, Florida - Masahiro Tanaka struck out 10 and allowed three hits over six innings Friday night in the New York Yankees' 3-0 win over the Miami Marlins.
Some relievers thrive when they move into the huge ninth-inning spotlight and some fizzle. And others turn into one-year wonders.