- Teary finish: Radwanska holds off cramping Friedsam Updated: Jan-24-16 7:33 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Agnieszka Radwanska's fourth-round match against Anna-Lena Friedsam had a little of everything: a blown third-set lead, severe cramping, an underhand serve, and a point penalty for delay of game. There were also tears - lots of tears.
- Adopted Aussie Gavrilova excites the crowds with upset wins Updated: Jan-22-16 8:20 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - Russian-born Daria Gavrilova hasn't been an Australian citizen for very long, only receiving her passport in December and permission to represent the country at WTA Tour events.
- With Rio approaching, jockeying begins for doubles teams Updated: Jan-21-16 5:05 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - When Roger Federer and Martina Hingis decided to team up to play mixed doubles at the 2016 Olympics, a Swiss newspaper boasted the country would bring a "Dream Team" to Rio de Janeiro that could sweep all the tennis medals.
- Tomic, Azarenka move into top 16 in Australian Open seedings Updated: Jan-13-16 8:43 pm
MELBOURNE, Australia - Defending champions and No. 1-ranked Novak Djokovic and Serena Williams top the Australian Open seedings lists, which follow rankings ahead of the first Grand Slam tournament of 2016.
- Defending champion Federer into Brisbane semifinals Updated: Jan-08-16 10:06 am
BRISBANE, Australia - Roger Federer overcame a lingering sickness to hold off Grigor Dimitrov 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-4 on Friday and take his title defense into the semifinals at the Brisbane International.