- Peralta helps Brewers beat Cards 5-1 and stop skid Updated: Apr-16-14 5:02 pm
- Rosenthal call fails, Cardinals lose to Cubs in 11 Updated: Apr-12-14 2:12 am
- Cardinals beat Reds 7-6 to take 2 of 3 in series Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 pm
- NL champions have arms, depth for another run Updated: Mar-25-14 7:58 pm
- Kelly chosen as Cardinals' No. 5 starter after win Updated: Mar-24-14 2:33 am
- Martinez, Gibson sharp in starts Updated: Mar-19-14 6:03 pm
MILWAUKEE - Wily Peralta allowed one run in 6 1-3 innings, and the Milwaukee Brewers turned two errors into four unearned runs Wednesday in a 5-1 win over the St. Louis Cardinals that avoided a series sweep.
ST. LOUIS - Mike Matheny reasoned that Trevor Rosenthal had such an easy time in the 10th inning, throwing just six pitches, that even if the St. Louis Cardinals closer failed at the plate he'd still be around to mow down the Chicago Cubs' hitters.
CINCINNATI - The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too.
ST. LOUIS - Last October, the St. Louis Cardinals were sufficiently flush with arms that they carried rookie Shelby Miller and deposed closer Edward Mujica in ceremonial roles and made it to Game 6 of the World Series against Boston.
JUPITER, Florida - Joe Kelly was told that he will be the Cardinals' No. 5 starter after taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning Sunday in St. Louis' 6-3 victory over the Houston Astros.
JUPITER, Florida - St. Louis' Carlos Martinez and Minnesota's Kyle Gibson each enhanced their chances of earning a spot in their team's rotation with solid outings, and the Cardinals beat the Twins 3-1 on Wednesday.