- Braves' HR drought ends, losing streak doesn't in 9-4 loss Updated: Apr-27-16 11:54 pm
BOSTON - The power-starved Atlanta Braves finally hit one out. Now, they've just got to find a way to start winning some games again.
- Pedroia hits slam and solo HR, Red Sox beat Braves 9-4 Updated: Apr-27-16 11:30 pm
BOSTON - Dustin Pedroia needed a few extra feet for two homers. David Ortiz simply powered the ball around Fenway Park to pass a couple of Boston's baseball legends.
- Losses mount as Braves' home-run drought reaches 15 games Updated: Apr-27-16 2:24 am
ATLANTA - The message in the Braves clubhouse Tuesday night added a fitting final insult to a dismal homestand:
- David Price fans 14 as Red Sox embarrass Braves, 11-4 Updated: Apr-26-16 10:54 pm
ATLANTA - David Price had a simple summary of his domination of the overmatched Atlanta Braves.
- Braves drop 5th in row, Blair does well in MLB debut vs Mets Updated: Apr-24-16 6:50 pm
ATLANTA - Aaron Blair gave the Atlanta Braves a chance to win in his major league debut. That's at least more than some of their pitchers have done so far this season.
- Braves say don't call error on Turner Field's infield yet Updated: Apr-22-16 7:14 pm
ATLANTA - The Atlanta Braves say it's too early to judge the condition of the playing field at Turner Field, which holds a big early lead for having the most errors for any stadium in the majors.
- Grandal's double in 10th gives Dodgers 2-1 win over Braves Updated: Apr-21-16 5:23 pm
ATLANTA - Clayton Kershaw didn't have his best stuff. Even tried a blooper pitch.
- Braves complete sweep by beating Marlins 6-5 in 10 innings Updated: Apr-17-16 8:05 pm
MIAMI - With his next scheduled start two days away, Atlanta Braves right-hander Matt Wisler began playing catch in the bullpen in the ninth inning Sunday as his team attempted to close out a series sweep.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- Slumping Braves slugger Freeman healthy scratch vs. Nats Updated: Apr-14-16 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Freddie Freeman admits he's having trouble catching up to fastballs.
- Police: Braves' Hector Olivera arrested, accused of assault Updated: Apr-13-16 6:55 pm
- Major leaguers trying to figure out proper slide into 2nd Updated: Apr-09-16 6:01 pm
Something that used to be second nature in baseball - sliding hard into second base to prevent a double play - is deciding games and giving major leaguers fits a week into the season. From the AL to the NL, runners making that 90-foot dash are wondering: What's acceptable anymore?
- MLB's new Utley Rule costs Braves a baserunner against Nats Updated: Apr-04-16 7:32 pm
- Braves near roster limit for opener with Nationals Updated: Apr-02-16 3:07 pm
KISSIMMEE, Florida - The Atlanta Braves reached their opening day roster, adding outfielder Drew Stubbs and pitcher Alexi Ogando and designating for assignment outfielders Michael Bourn and Emilio Bonifacio on Saturday.
- Chacin pitches into 5th inning, Braves and Rays tie Updated: Apr-01-16 6:45 pm
- Gallardo is dominating in Orioles' 6-1 win over Braves Updated: Mar-31-16 6:41 pm
SARASOTA, Florida - Yovani Gallardo allowed one hit in five innings, facing the minimum 15 batters in the Baltimore Orioles' 6-1 win over the Atlanta Braves on Thursday.
- OF Jeff Francoeur makes Braves roster with impressive spring Updated: Mar-29-16 8:12 pm
KISSIMMEE, Florida - Jeff Francoeur has made the Atlanta Braves' opening-day roster with an impressive showing in spring training.