- Hawaii lawmakers vote to get rid of ethanol in gas mandate Updated: May-06-15 1:17 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii is poised to join an odd coalition of environmentalists, fuel manufacturers and chicken farmers who want to do away with a mandate to mix fuel with ethanol.
- In Congress, income inequality fact of life for food servers Updated: May-04-15 3:38 am
WASHINGTON - Income inequality is more than a political sound bite to workers in the Capitol. It's their life.
- Former GOP chairman enters US Senate race in California Updated: Apr-26-15 3:48 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tom Del Beccaro, a former chairman of the California Republican Party, announced Sunday that he's undertaking a longshot bid to succeed Barbara Boxer as California's next U.S. senator.
- Lawmakers seek FDA review of ingredients used in cosmetics Updated: Apr-20-15 7:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Two U.S. senators introduced legislation Monday that would require the Food and Drug Administration to evaluate and report on some of the ingredients used in cosmetics and personal-care products such as shampoo and skin cream.
- Senate creating secret encyclopedia of US spy programs Updated: Apr-08-15 5:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Trying to get a handle on hundreds of sensitive, closely held surveillance programs, a Senate committee is compiling a secret encyclopedia of American intelligence collection. It's part of an effort to improve congressional oversight of the government's sprawling global spying effort.