- California to big-league ballplayers: Stop dipping Updated: Oct-13-15 1:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - California lawmakers have taken the first step toward accomplishing something Major League Baseball could never do on its own: Stop players from using smokeless tobacco.
- Documents show doubts about Chafee during 38 Studios crisis Updated: Oct-11-15 1:29 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - When former Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee took office in 2011, he inherited a deal he strenuously opposed: a $75 million loan guarantee used to lure video game company 38 Studios from Massachusetts. Less than two years later, the company started by former Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling ran out of money, leaving taxpayers on the hook.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates Updated: Oct-05-15 8:19 am
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- Close calls in Cy Young races; Harper, Donaldson for MVP Updated: Oct-05-15 8:13 am
NEW YORK - Here's how stacked the NL Cy Young race is: Max Scherzer struck out 276 batters with a 2.79 ERA and became the first major leaguer in 42 years to throw two no-hitters in one season.
- Jessica Mendoza to call AL wild-card game in a first Updated: Oct-01-15 2:18 pm
- Attorney General won't recuse himself from 38 Studios probe Updated: Sep-29-15 4:48 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island Attorney General Peter Kilmartin says he won't recuse himself from a criminal investigation of failed video game company 38 Studios even though he voted for the deal as a state representative.