- Utah officials send letter to Obama opposing new monument Updated: Apr-29-16 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials who fear President Barack Obama may be poised to declare a new national monument in the state are once again telling the president they oppose the idea.
- Obama to visit Flint to discuss water crisis Updated: Apr-27-16 3:28 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama next week will make his first trip to Flint, Michigan, since the city was found to have lead-tainted drinking water, a trip aimed at reassuring residents their plight hasn't been forgotten and pressuring Congress to approve economic aid, the White House said Wednesday.
- Gary Herbert, Mike Lee representing Utah at GOP convention Updated: Apr-26-16 11:42 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert, first lady Jeanette Herbert and a handful of Utah's elected officials are among the state's delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer who could decide the party's presidential nominee.
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):
- Utah Gov. Herbert fails to secure nomination at convention Updated: Apr-23-16 7:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election bid suffered a serious setback when he failed to secure the Republican Party's nomination on Saturday, but he'll have one more chance to win in a summer primary election.
- Utah senators push for 1 Obama pick but not the other Updated: Apr-22-16 6:36 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Two U.S. senators from Utah are pushing for the confirmation of President Barack Obama's Utah federal judicial nominee, but they have said they won't attend hearings to consider his Supreme Court pick.
- Utah Democrats, GOP to hold 1st conventions with new system Updated: Apr-22-16 1:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of Utah Republicans and Democrats will gather Saturday at party conventions in Salt Lake City to vote for candidates for Congress, governor and other offices.
- Senate OKs bill to promote wide variety of energy sources Updated: Apr-20-16 4:41 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate overwhelmingly approved a far-reaching energy bill Wednesday that reflects significant changes in U.S. oil and natural gas production over the past decade and boosts alternative energy sources such as wind and solar power.
- Judge upholds new nominating system for Utah candidates Updated: Apr-16-16 12:23 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge has upheld a new political nominating system that allows candidates in Utah to bypass the political party caucus and convention systems in favor of gathering voter signatures instead - dealing a defeat to the state GOP.
- 2015 Texas APME Awards List Updated: Apr-09-16 4:03 pm
EL PASO, Texas - The Texas Associated Press Managing Editors presented most of its 2015 journalism awards at its annual convention Saturday.
- Utah delegation requests additional vet center Updated: Apr-01-16 12:32 pm
OGDEN, Utah - Members of Utah's Congressional delegation are calling on the government to do more to help veterans living north of Salt Lake City.