- Late-night TV vet Bill Maher forges ahead with hit formula Updated: May-27-15 2:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - Bill Maher strides into the weekly writers meeting for his HBO show and puts his feet up on the table. His team of scribes, many of whom he's worked with for 22 years, pepper him with ideas and information: the new Republican presidential candidates, the latest outlandish political moves, background on upcoming guests.
- David Letterman drives into retirement with Indy 500 tribute Updated: May-24-15 11:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - David Letterman has a new No. 1 on his personal Top Ten list of reasons he loves the Indianapolis 500.
- Rahal leads Honda with fifth place finish in Indy 500 Updated: May-24-15 5:27 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal had the best spot possible to watch rival teams Penske Racing and Chip Ganassi Racing in a dramatic duel for victory in the Indianapolis 500.
- The Latest: Lewis Hamilton rolling toward Monaco GP win Updated: May-24-15 9:18 am
The Associated Press covers the biggest day in motorsports, from Formula One's Monaco Grand Prix to the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600. The latest from the tracks:
- Rahal finally getting results, carrying standard for Honda Updated: May-22-15 12:57 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Graham Rahal hears what people are saying about him.
- Nielsen: 13.76 million viewers for Letterman Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Comic celebrities turned out for David Letterman's late-night farewell - and so did his biggest audience in more than 21 years.
- David Letterman leaves late night with thanks and a smile Updated: May-21-15 9:40 am
NEW YORK - There are those who will argue that the world of television hasn't suffered such a loss in nearly a generation, and they're right.
- David Letterman to sign off as late-night host Updated: May-20-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - After 33 years and 6,028 broadcasts of his late-night show, David Letterman is signing off.
- Mayor declares Wednesday David Letterman Day in Indianapolis Updated: May-19-15 5:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - David Letterman is closing out his career on what's being proclaimed as David Letterman Day in his hometown.
- CBS morning show to broadcast from top of NYC skyscraper Updated: May-19-15 11:31 am
NEW YORK - Nobody's hoping for a clear day in New York on Wednesday more than the staff at "CBS This Morning," which is broadcasting its entire two-hour show from the new 102nd floor observation deck at One World Trade Center.
- Saluting Dave with a Top Ten List of what sets him apart Updated: May-18-15 11:03 am
NEW YORK - David Letterman leaves late night on Wednesday after 33 years when he retires from CBS' "Late Show," his TV home since 1993. Now, drawing inspiration from his "Top Ten" lists, we offer a list of what made him special.
- Letterman's retirement ends partnership with Murray Updated: May-18-15 8:40 am
NEW YORK - Bill Murray has walked onto David Letterman's show dressed as Liberace, a jockey and a football player, flown onto the set in a Peter Pan outfit, worked out while singing "Let's Get Physical" and dove into a water-filled dumpster strewn with garbage. This week he'll be saying goodbye.
- Letterman gets ratings boost with retirement near Updated: May-14-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - David Letterman's imminent retirement is bringing nostalgic viewers back to check out his final shows.
- David Letterman on retirement: It's time, but he's torn Updated: May-14-15 10:22 am
NEW YORK - You don't think of David Letterman as a stop-and-smell-the-flowers type, but here he is, at a major turning point yet savoring his chocolate milkshake.
- 'SNL' boss Michaels wraps its 40th season as he looks ahead Updated: May-13-15 10:28 am
NEW YORK - With less than two hours before dress rehearsal for the Mother's Day edition of "Saturday Night Live," the mood seemed relaxed. Studio 8H at NBC's 30 Rockefeller Plaza, where guest host Reese Witherspoon would soon preside, was almost deserted. And Lorne Michaels, "SNL" creator and executive producer, exuded mellowness as he welcomed a reporter to his office just past 6 p.m. to chat about the 40th season (which concludes Saturday at 11:30 p.m. EDT, with Louis C.K. hosting) as well as late-night TV in general and what lies ahead.
- Memories from the CBS boss who signed Dave 22 long years ago Updated: May-11-15 11:37 am
NEW YORK - In his long career at CBS and then as Sony boss, Howard Stringer faced plenty of ticklish negotiations and weighty talent deals.
- Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey on Letterman next week Updated: May-08-15 11:08 am
NEW YORK - Former President Bill Clinton, Oprah Winfrey, Howard Stern and Julia Roberts will be among the guests during the final full week of David Letterman's reign as a late-night host.
- Kimmel won't air new episode opposite Letterman's final show Updated: May-08-15 1:01 am
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Kimmel is choosing not to air a new episode of his talk show opposite David Letterman's final "Late Show" installment.
- Paul Shaffer ready to disband the CBS Orchestra Updated: May-07-15 12:20 pm
NEW YORK - Hidden in the attention being paid to David Letterman leading to his May 20 retirement is the knowledge that it will also mean the end of a regular television role for America's bandleader, Paul Shaffer.
- Obama jokes about a future playing dominoes with Letterman Updated: May-04-15 11:45 pm
NEW YORK - President Barack Obama is envisioning a future of playing dominoes with retiree David Letterman.
- Fox renews 'The Simpsons' for 2 more seasons Updated: May-04-15 6:58 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Simpsons" will keep the satire coming for at least two more seasons.
- Obama among guests helping Letterman wrap up 'Late Show' Updated: May-01-15 3:45 pm
- AP Interview: Marcus Miller on race, slavery and jazz Updated: Apr-30-15 1:59 pm