- Ted Turner wants namesake ballpark as green space Updated: Dec-10-13 12:33 pm
- Tea party battles business over Braves stadium Updated: Dec-08-13 9:59 am
- Atlanta area leaders mourning Nelson Mandela Updated: Dec-05-13 7:44 pm
- Atlanta mayor expects harbor progress by year end Updated: Nov-21-13 5:31 pm
- Atlanta City Council wants more talks with Braves Updated: Nov-19-13 6:47 am
- Lobbying heat up for Ga. port deepening Updated: Nov-16-13 12:37 pm
- Column: Atlanta stadium deals a warning to others Updated: Nov-15-13 10:52 pm
- Isakson, Reed to join Biden for Panama Canal trip Updated: Nov-15-13 3:35 pm
- Mayors in Ga., Wis., Pa., urge Medicaid expansion Updated: Nov-13-13 3:23 pm
- Deal: Mayor, Braves discuss team's departure Updated: Nov-13-13 3:20 pm
- Residents disappointed by Braves' planned move Updated: Nov-11-13 7:42 pm
ATLANTA - Ted Turner says he's shocked the Braves are moving out of the ballpark named after him in downtown Atlanta.
ATLANTA - A deal for hundreds of millions of dollars in public money to draw the Atlanta Braves north of their downtown home is pitting conservative tea party activists against the elected and civic leaders in the staunch Republican county, with opponents saying the use of public money to help a private business is not what American capitalism should be about.
ATLANTA - Several religious, civil rights and political leaders from Georgia say the death of former South African President and anti-apartheid activist, Nelson Mandela, marks the end of an era in the realm of social justice.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Atlanta's mayor said Thursday he expects that Congress before the year ends will clear a bureaucratic hurdle to deepening the Savannah harbor, though he cautioned that Georgia officials are watching closely to make sure lawmakers don't try to eliminate the project from a massive water projects bill.
ATLANTA - Atlanta's city council is urging the mayor to conduct more negotiations with the Atlanta Braves in an 11th-hour bid to keep the team in the city.
ATLANTA - Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed will travel with Vice President Joe Biden to the Panama Canal on Monday as Georgia officials seek federal money to deepen the Port of Savannah.
ATLANTA - Welcome to Atlanta, where the players play - as long as the stadium where they play isn't much more than two decades old.
MILWAUKEE - The mayors of Atlanta, Milwaukee and Philadelphia are pushing for their states to expand Medicaid so federally funded health insurance is available to hundreds of thousands of working poor who could lose coverage Jan. 1.
ATLANTA - Mayor Kasim Reed met Wednesday with Atlanta Braves executives to discuss next steps following the team's decision to leave downtown and build a new $672 million stadium in nearby Cobb County, according to Gov. Nathan Deal.
ATLANTA - Some residents around Turner Field said they were shocked Monday by the Atlanta Braves' announcement that the baseball team plans to build a new stadium in suburban Cobb County.