- Democratic lawmaker: GOP base 'animated by racism' Updated: Apr-13-14 12:25 pm
- Calif. Democrats walk middle path in health debate Updated: Apr-12-14 10:46 am
- Big outside groups overshadow parties in key races Updated: Apr-08-14 2:16 pm
- Ohio Democrats seek GOP missteps in US House races Updated: Apr-06-14 11:23 am
- Democrats see openings in congressional departures Updated: Mar-21-14 2:10 pm
WASHINGTON - An overhaul to the nation's broken immigration system remains stalled because "the Republican base does have elements that are animated by racism," the head of the House committee to elect Democratic lawmakers said Sunday.
WASHINGTON - Democratic Rep. Ami Bera has been making a habit lately of bucking his own president and voting with the Republican majority in the House as it moves to amend or overturn parts of the national health care law.
WASHINGTON - Millionaires and billionaires are increasing their influence in federal elections, leaving political parties to play more limited roles, and raising questions about who sets the agenda in campaigns.
WASHINGTON - Their four congressional seats considered safe, Ohio Democrats head into the state's primary election looking to take advantage of any openings that might be created by Republican missteps or tea party challenges. But with all 12 GOP incumbents seeking re-election, the odds are stacked against them.
MCLEAN, Virginia - Democrats know they perform poorly in midterm elections. Just ask President Barack Obama.