- Education Dept. sees increase in campus sex crime reporting Updated: May-05-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - The number of sex offenses on college campuses reported to the Education Department has nearly doubled over a five-year period.
- Pentagon accused of withholding information about sex crimes Updated: May-04-15 12:20 pm
WASHINGTON - In a scathing critique of the Defense Department's efforts to curb sexual assaults, a U.S. senator warned Monday that the true scope of sex-related violence in the military communities is "vastly underreported" and that victims continue to struggle for justice.
- Feds OK NY county's plan to relocate Irene-damaged building Updated: Apr-30-15 9:08 am
SCHOHARIE, New York - The federal government has agreed to a $37 million plan that will allow an upstate New York county to relocate its public safety building that was severely damaged by Tropical Storm Irene nearly four years ago.
- Correction: Columbia University-Gender Bias Suit story Updated: Apr-24-15 11:20 am
NEW YORK - In a story April 23 about a gender bias lawsuit, The Associated Press erroneously reported the name of a Columbia University spokesman. He is Robert Hornsby, not Roger Hornsby.
- NY senator, colleague introduce rail safety measure Updated: Apr-19-15 4:34 am