- FEMA grants $1M for rain gauges in upstate NY Updated: Nov-20-13 3:04 am
- Senate women unite in fighting sexual assault Updated: Nov-19-13 4:27 pm
- Basu: Senators unite to try to protect military women from... Updated: Nov-19-13 9:22 am
- Senators argue against plan on military assault Updated: Nov-18-13 2:13 pm
- Senators push NY apple and pear exports to Europe Updated: Nov-09-13 9:49 am
- Pentagon: Reports of sexual assaults up 46 percent Updated: Nov-07-13 2:22 pm
ALBANY, New York - The Federal Emergency Management Agency will contribute $1 million toward the installation of rain gauges along the Mohawk River, Oswego River and the upper-Hudson River Basin.
WASHINGTON - One by one, the women of the Senate stood up, speaking out about the scourge of sexual assault in the military and their collaborative effort to address the long-neglected issue.
In these hyper-partisan times, with red and blue at odds over health care, taxes, regulations, the environment, marriage - and just about everything else - some U.S. senators are crossing party lines to address the epidemic of sexual assault in the military.
WASHINGTON - Senate opponents of stripping military commanders of the authority to prosecute serious crimes such as rape and sexual assault said Monday that the proposal could make it worse for victims.
WASHINGTON - Reports of sexual assaults in the military increased by an unprecedented 46 percent during the last fiscal year, the Pentagon said Thursday.