- Mandela mourned as inspiration in many struggles Updated: Dec-06-13 2:24 pm
- Myanmar's Aung San Suu Kyi arrives in Australia Updated: Nov-26-13 11:31 pm
- Australian PM responds to angry Indonesian leader Updated: Nov-22-13 10:56 pm
- Australia FM: Asia wants more US engagement Updated: Nov-22-13 2:43 pm
- Spying furor exposes Indonesia-Australia relations Updated: Nov-22-13 5:47 am
- Australian PM promises Indonesia full response Updated: Nov-21-13 3:35 am
- Australian senator denounces Sri Lanka Updated: Nov-11-13 3:38 am
- Aussie PM asked to join Colombo summit boycott Updated: Nov-10-13 9:01 pm
- Call for Australian boycott of Sri Lanka summit Updated: Nov-10-13 7:22 pm
Nelson Mandela led black South Africans in their struggle to throw off the yoke of white rule and then helped the entire nation heal the wounds of racial division.
SYDNEY - Myanmar pro-democracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi arrived in Sydney on Wednesday for her first Australian visit.
CANBERRA, Australia - Prime Minister Tony Abbott said Saturday his response to the Indonesian president's angry letter following reports of Australian phone tapping of Indonesian leaders was on its way to Jakarta.
WASHINGTON - America is as important as ever for the stability of the Asia-Pacific region and nations in that part of the world want to see more U.S. leadership, not less, Australia's new foreign minister said Friday.
CANBERRA, Australia - The fragile, odd-couple relationship between Australia and Indonesia, forever locked together by geography, has reached the latest of several historic dips. This time, the difference might be that it's the Australians who have more to lose.
CANBERRA, Australia - Prime Minister Tony Abbott promised Indonesia's president on Thursday a full and courteous response to his demand for an examination of reported Australian eavesdropping on senior Indonesian officials' phones.
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian senator accused the Sri Lankan government of trying to hide crimes against humanity and called on her government to boycott an international summit in Colombo after she was detained by authorities there.
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's prime minister was under mounting pressure Monday to join his Indian and Canadian counterparts in boycotting a British Commonwealth summit in Sri Lanka this week over concerns about the island nation's human rights record.
CANBERRA, Australia - An Australian senator has called on her government to boycott a summit of British Commonwealth leaders in Sri Lanka this week after she and a New Zealand lawmaker were detained by authorities there.