- Australia wary of escalating rift after Indonesia executions Updated: Apr-29-15 2:04 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia said it would withdraw its ambassador to Indonesia after two Australians were among eight drug traffickers executed by the Southeast Asian country Wednesday, but was wary of escalating hostilities with its neighbor despite a public outcry.
- IOC president Bach discusses potential Australia bid Updated: Apr-29-15 6:41 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia would have a good chance of success if it bid to host the 2028 Olympic Games in Queensland state, International Olympic Committee President Thomas Bach said on Wednesday.
- Frenchman's execution in Indonesia may be suspended Updated: Apr-25-15 1:14 pm
PARIS - France is stepping up efforts to save the life a Frenchman facing a firing squad in Indonesia on drug charges, amid signs that his execution may be suspended.
- Thousands honor soldiers on 100th year of Gallipoli battle Updated: Apr-25-15 10:05 am
GALLIPOLI, Turkey - For the first time at age 95, Bill Grayden has come to Gallipoli, where his father stormed the beach and took a bullet through his lung during the ill-fated British-led World War I invasion.
- Dutch lawmaker tells migrants not to come to Netherlands Updated: Apr-22-15 8:10 am
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - Dutch anti-Islam opposition lawmaker Geert Wilders has copied part of Australia's approach to stopping boat migrants by making a video telling would-be asylum seekers considering making the treacherous boat crossing from North Africa to Europe: "You will not make the Netherlands home."
- The Latest: UN rights chief wants new EU line on migration Updated: Apr-20-15 11:14 am
5:10 p.m. (1510 GMT; 11:10 a.m. EDT)
- Australia arrests 5 for alleged IS-inspired terror plot Updated: Apr-18-15 7:29 am
SYDNEY - Five Australian teenagers were arrested Saturday on suspicion of plotting an Islamic State group-inspired terrorist attack at a Veterans' Day ceremony that included targeting police officers, officials said.
- 'National treasure' Richie Benaud dies in Australia Updated: Apr-10-15 7:32 am
The cricket world is mourning the death of former Australia captain and pioneering television commentator Richie Benaud, described as a "national treasure" and praised by players and the sport's administrators.
- Former Australia cricket captain, commentator Benaud dies Updated: Apr-09-15 9:27 pm
SYDNEY - Within hours of his death on Friday, former Australia cricket captain and pioneering television commentator Richie Benaud was described as a "national treasure" and praised by his peers, current players and the country's prime minister.