- Buckingham Palace needs repairs; queen may have to leave Updated: Jun-24-15 10:19 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II may have to move out of Buckingham Palace during much-needed renovations to the residence, which has not been substantially redecorated since she took the throne in 1952, royal officials said Wednesday.
- 1815 revisited: Ceremonies mark fateful Battle of Waterloo Updated: Jun-18-15 12:22 pm
BRUSSELS - Royalty, dignitaries and soldiers commemorated the 1815 Battle of Waterloo on Thursday, a watershed moment in European history that marked the end of the continent's domination by France and its emperor Napoleon and the beginning of the British century.
- 1815 revisited: Ceremonies mark fateful Battle of Waterloo Updated: Jun-18-15 10:24 am
BRUSSELS - Royalty, dignitaries and soldiers around the world on Thursday commemorated the 1815 Battle of Waterloo, a watershed in European history that marked the end of the continent's domination by France and its emperor Napoleon and the beginning of the British century.
- Prince George on balcony as queen marks ceremonial birthday Updated: Jun-13-15 11:51 am
LONDON - Queen Elizabeth II marked her ceremonial birthday Saturday with the traditional "Trooping the Color" parade in the heart of London - and 23-month-old Prince George made his debut on the Buckingham Palace balcony.
- Prolific British actor Christopher Lee dies at age 93 Updated: Jun-11-15 1:18 pm
LONDON - Christopher Lee, an actor who brought dramatic gravitas and aristocratic bearing to screen villains from Dracula to the wicked wizard Saruman in "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy, has died at age 93.
- UK releases more private Prince Charles letters to ministers Updated: Jun-04-15 11:50 am
LONDON - British authorities on Thursday released more private letters from Prince Charles to government ministers on topics ranging from historic buildings to hospital food.