- Hearing focuses on health care in rural Georgia Updated: Nov-25-13 5:50 pm
- Dalton mayor to challenge Gov. Deal from the right Updated: Nov-18-13 5:04 pm
- Lobbying heat up for Ga. port deepening Updated: Nov-16-13 12:37 pm
- Isakson, Reed to join Biden for Panama Canal trip Updated: Nov-15-13 3:35 pm
- Ga. governor suspends indicted state lawmaker Updated: Nov-13-13 4:37 pm
- Deal: Mayor, Braves discuss team's departure Updated: Nov-13-13 3:20 pm
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Emma Collins, a licensed massage therapist from Ellijay, was hopeful about the new federal health care law after struggling in recent years to find insurance coverage because her artificial heart valve is considered a pre-existing condition.
ATLANTA - It has quickly become a crowded field of those looking to unseat Republican Gov. Nathan Deal next year, with Dalton Mayor David Pennington formally launching his campaign Monday aimed at wooing the state's conservative voters.
ATLANTA - Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed will travel with Vice President Joe Biden to the Panama Canal on Monday as Georgia officials seek federal money to deepen the Port of Savannah.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal on Wednesday followed a panel's recommendation to suspend a Republican state lawmaker accused of illegally claiming state pay.
ATLANTA - Mayor Kasim Reed met Wednesday with Atlanta Braves executives to discuss next steps following the team's decision to leave downtown and build a new $672 million stadium in nearby Cobb County, according to Gov. Nathan Deal.