- Hearing focuses on health care in rural Georgia Updated: Nov-25-13 5:50 pm
- Dalton mayor to challenge Gov. Deal from the right Updated: Nov-18-13 5:04 pm
- Lobbying heat up for Ga. port deepening Updated: Nov-16-13 12:37 pm
- Isakson, Reed to join Biden for Panama Canal trip Updated: Nov-15-13 3:35 pm
- Ga. governor suspends indicted state lawmaker Updated: Nov-13-13 4:37 pm
- Deal: Mayor, Braves discuss team's departure Updated: Nov-13-13 3:20 pm
- Ex-DeKalb school board member runs for state post Updated: Nov-11-13 8:31 pm
- Jason Carter to run for Ga. governor Updated: Nov-07-13 6:01 pm
- Jason Carter files to form Ga. governor committee Updated: Nov-07-13 10:42 am
- Ga. approves $45M investment in water projects Updated: Nov-06-13 3:16 pm
- Voters cast ballots in Atlanta mayoral race Updated: Nov-05-13 6:06 pm
GAINESVILLE, Georgia - Emma Collins, a licensed massage therapist from Ellijay, was hopeful about the new federal health care law after struggling in recent years to find insurance coverage because her artificial heart valve is considered a pre-existing condition.
ATLANTA - It has quickly become a crowded field of those looking to unseat Republican Gov. Nathan Deal next year, with Dalton Mayor David Pennington formally launching his campaign Monday aimed at wooing the state's conservative voters.
ATLANTA - Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed will travel with Vice President Joe Biden to the Panama Canal on Monday as Georgia officials seek federal money to deepen the Port of Savannah.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal on Wednesday followed a panel's recommendation to suspend a Republican state lawmaker accused of illegally claiming state pay.
ATLANTA - Mayor Kasim Reed met Wednesday with Atlanta Braves executives to discuss next steps following the team's decision to leave downtown and build a new $672 million stadium in nearby Cobb County, according to Gov. Nathan Deal.
DUNWOODY, Georgia - A former DeKalb County school board member has announced plans to run for state schools superintendent.
ATLANTA - Georgia has been a solidly Republican state for much of the past decade and there has been little good news for Democrats until now, with Jason Carter launching a bid for governor and joining Michelle Nunn on the ballot in 2014.
ATLANTA - Jason Carter, the grandson of former President Jimmy Carter and a state lawmaker from Atlanta, has taken the first steps toward running for governor next year and filed paperwork to form a campaign committee.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal's administration won approval Wednesday to invest $45 million in water projects, including three reservoirs it contends could send more water downstream to Alabama and Florida, states that say metro Atlanta uses too much.
ATLANTA - Mayor Kasim Reed faces three challengers with little name recognition or money in his bid Tuesday for a second four-year term overseeing a key city in the South.