- Ga. debates Confederate carving set in stone and state law Updated: Jul-25-15 5:41 pm
ATLANTA - Art, monument or embarrassment?
- Finding money for highways is becoming a bipartisan project Updated: Jul-24-15 6:17 pm
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, West Virginia - As Congress considers a long-awaited transportation funding bill, some Republican governors as well as Democrats say they aren't waiting to raise or borrow money to fix or build roads, bridges and highways.
- Atlanta leaders vote to study changing Confederate carving Updated: Jul-20-15 9:22 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta city officials have voted to ask Gov. Nathan Deal to consider making changes to the giant carving on Stone Mountain that features Confederate leaders.
- NAACP wants Confederate symbols taken off Georgia property Updated: Jul-14-15 7:57 pm
ATLANTA - The president of the Atlanta NAACP says the group wants Confederate symbols - including a giant carving at Stone Mountain Park - removed from all government-owned property and plans to pursue making those changes during the next legislative session.
- Family: MLK sculptor in grave condition after crash Updated: Jul-12-15 12:41 pm
ATLANTA - The artist tapped to sculpt a Martin Luther King Jr. statue for the Georgia Capitol grounds is in critical condition after being hit by an accused drunk driver.