- King family wants input on Georgia MLK monument Updated: Mar-07-14 3:11 pm
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races Updated: Mar-07-14 1:55 pm
- Candidate fields set for GA May primary elections Updated: Mar-07-14 1:49 pm
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal Updated: Mar-07-14 12:22 pm
- Federal storm aid being offered to 39 GA counties Updated: Mar-06-14 8:43 pm
- Ga. not allowed to dredge harbor with state funds Updated: Mar-05-14 2:02 pm
- Ga. lawmakers set barriers to Medicaid expansion Updated: Mar-03-14 7:44 pm
- Several issues before lawmakers on Crossover Day Updated: Mar-02-14 2:25 pm
- 10,900 immigrants applied for license under policy Updated: Feb-26-14 8:20 pm
- Gov. Deal requests federal help for storm response Updated: Feb-26-14 5:51 pm
- Georgia editorial roundup Updated: Feb-25-14 11:44 am
- Medicaid expansion bill opens new political attack Updated: Feb-22-14 11:10 am
- Ga. Senate Majority Leader announces retirement Updated: Feb-19-14 12:07 pm
- Ga. Senate OKs bill to privatize foster care Updated: Feb-18-14 6:12 pm
- Ga. severe weather task force holds first meeting Updated: Feb-18-14 6:00 pm
- Ga. GOP wants vote to deter Medicaid expansion Updated: Feb-13-14 6:17 pm
- Ice storm causes another traffic jam in the South Updated: Feb-12-14 6:22 pm
- Gov. Deal requests generators in emergency request Updated: Feb-11-14 3:53 pm
ATLANTA - The family of Martin Luther King Jr. has warned Georgia's governor it wants input on any monument to the slain civil rights icon that might be erected on the grounds of the state Capitol.
ATLANTA - The final list of candidates who signed up for top races in Georgia primary elections May 20, according to Secretary of State Brian Kemp's office. The deadline to qualify was noon Friday.
ATLANTA - The list of Georgia candidates running for state and federal offices in the May 20 primaries has been set.
ATLANTA - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie is in Georgia to raise money for Gov. Nathan Deal's re-election.
ATLANTA - President Barack Obama has signed a declaration ordering federal aid for 39 Georgia counties that were impacted by an ice storm in mid-February.
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Close to getting underway after 15 years of government studies and delays, the deepening of Savannah's busy shipping channel has struck another political setback with the Obama administration saying it's not ready to seek construction funding for the $652 million project and won't let Georgia jumpstart things by using its own money.
ATLANTA - Republican state lawmakers want to make it impossible for Georgia to expand the Medicaid system as proposed by the Democratic president unless the state Legislature approves it.
ATLANTA - Monday marks a key deadline as bills must pass either the House or Senate to remain active for the last 10 days of the session. Known as Crossover Day, it marks the 30th day of the 40-day session.
ATLANTA - Nearly 10,900 immigrants granted temporary permission to remain in the U.S. under a federal policy aimed at people brought to the country illegally as children have applied for Georgia driver's licenses or permits since the policy took effect, state data shows.
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has requested more than $40 million in federal disaster relief to help the state regroup from a winter storm earlier this month.
Recent editorials from Georgia newspapers:
ATLANTA - More than half of this year's legislative session was already over when the House leadership filed a bill with little fanfare but big political ramifications.
ATLANTA - Georgia Senate Majority Leader Ronnie Chance has announced plans to retire at the end of his term.
ATLANTA - Some state child-welfare services would be privatized under a bill passed by the Georgia Senate on Tuesday that has drawn the support of top Republican lawmakers.
ATLANTA - Gov. Nathan Deal has convened the first meeting of his severe weather task force, created after he took criticism of the state's response to a Jan. 28 snow storm that prompted a massive traffic jam in metro Atlanta.
ATLANTA - Republican leaders are trying to add another barrier to the Democratic health insurance overhaul by requiring that the GOP-dominated Legislature get the final say on whether to allow more uninsured people to get coverage from the government.
ATLANTA - Drivers got caught in monumental traffic jams and abandoned their cars Wednesday in North Carolina in a replay of what happened in Atlanta just two weeks ago, as another wintry storm across the South iced highways and knocked out electricity to more than a half-million homes and businesses.
ATLANTA - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal says asking for generators was a priority in a request for winter weather assistance to President Barack Obama.