- Yankees, a team in transition, feel downbeat and yet hopeful Updated: Oct-07-15 6:17 pm
NEW YORK - The quartet leaned against the dugout railing with uniformly glum expressions during the ninth inning, Masahiro Tanaka and Dellin Betances crossing their arms, Brett Gardner dangling his over a railing and Chris Young resting his chin on a hand.
- Yanks still have not led playoff game since Jeter got hurt Updated: Oct-07-15 1:31 am
NEW YORK - The Yankees still have not led in a postseason game since Derek Jeter sprawled in the dirt three years ago, screaming in pain from a broken ankle.
- Ellsbury, Yanks' $153M man, doesn't start in playoff loss Updated: Oct-07-15 1:14 am
NEW YORK - Jacoby Ellsbury sat the bench for most of his first postseason game after signing a $153 million contract with the New York Yankees. When he finally got in, he saw three pitches at the plate and one inning in center field.
- Yanks still chasing home-field edge after 9-2 loss to O's Updated: Oct-03-15 3:46 pm
BALTIMORE - Yankees starter Ivan Nova allowed five runs in another shaky outing and New York failed to wrap up home field for the AL wild-card game, losing 9-2 to the Baltimore Orioles on Saturday in the opener of a split-doubleheader.
- Yankees clinch playoff spot after 2-year absence, top Boston Updated: Oct-02-15 3:13 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia stood near his locker in the back of the oval Yankees clubhouse while excited teammates celebrated New York's return to the postseason.
- Severino leads Yankees to win over White Sox Updated: Sep-27-15 6:09 pm
NEW YORK - Dustin Ackley was a surprise trade-deadline acquisition by New York, arriving in a season-long slump with few credentials to support the early hype of a No. 2 overall draft pick. Then he got hurt.
- White Sox eliminated with 2-1 loss to Yankees Updated: Sep-26-15 9:51 pm
NEW YORK - The Chicago White Sox have been over .500 for just one day this season, when they were 18-17 in mid-May. It has been clear for weeks that they would not reach the playoffs, so there was little suspense when they were mathematically eliminated Saturday with a 2-1 loss to the New York Yankees.
- Blue Jays lose 6-4 to Yankees; AL East lead shrinks to 2 1/2 Updated: Sep-23-15 12:46 am
TORONTO - When his team is playing at home, Blue Jays manager John Gibbons understands long balls can hurt just as much as they help.
- Yanks take advantage of Harvey's exit, rout sloppy Mets 11-2 Updated: Sep-21-15 2:26 am
NEW YORK - There's certainly one New York team elated about the limit on Matt Harvey's innings - and it's not the first-place Mets.
- Yankees no match for Matz in Subway Series opener loss Updated: Sep-19-15 12:31 am
NEW YORK - A Yankees lineup missing Alex Rodriguez, Brian McCann and Jacoby Ellsbury was little match for rookie Steven Matz and the stingy Mets pitching staff.
- Severino rebounds in Yankees' 3-1 win over Rays Updated: Sep-17-15 12:11 am
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Two youngsters sent the New York Yankees to a big win in the pressure of a pennant race.
- Castillo has key hit in 13th, Red Sox beat Rays 2-0 Updated: Sep-13-15 6:28 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Rusney Castillo made sure Rich Hill's comeback start ended in a victory.
- Sabathia makes strong return but Yanks lose to Orioles 5-3 Updated: Sep-09-15 11:37 pm
NEW YORK - CC Sabathia left the mound with a two-run lead and the bases loaded with two outs in the fifth inning, muttering to himself after hitting Chris Davis with a pitch.