- Anelka accused of undermining anti-racism programs Updated: Mar-06-14 12:27 pm
- FA ban Anelka for 5 games over quenelle gesture Updated: Feb-27-14 2:09 pm
- Antoine Griezmann called up in France squad Updated: Feb-27-14 10:42 am
- Rooney scores as Man United beats Palace 2-0 Updated: Feb-22-14 4:27 pm
- Chelsea stays top; Arsenal, Man City also win Updated: Feb-22-14 4:23 pm
LONDON - Former France striker Nicolas Anelka has been accused of undermining efforts to banish discrimination from football by celebrating a goal in a globally televised match with a racially aggravated gesture.
LONDON - Nicolas Anelka was banned for five games by the English Football Association on Thursday and immediately suspended by West Bromwich Albion for a racially aggravated goal celebration.
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps called up forward Antoine Griezmann on Thursday for a friendly against the Netherlands.
LONDON - Wayne Rooney scored for the first time in two months with a strike of the quality that justifies his lucrative new Manchester United contract as the floundering English Premier League champions won 2-0 at Crystal Palace on Saturday.
LONDON - Wins by Chelsea and Manchester City, and a potent attacking display by Arsenal, left the top of the Premier League unchanged Saturday.