- David Letterman to sign off as late-night host Updated: May-20-15 5:19 pm
NEW YORK - After 33 years and 6,028 broadcasts of his late-night show, David Letterman is signing off.
- Saluting Dave with a Top Ten List of what sets him apart Updated: May-18-15 11:03 am
NEW YORK - David Letterman leaves late night on Wednesday after 33 years when he retires from CBS' "Late Show," his TV home since 1993. Now, drawing inspiration from his "Top Ten" lists, we offer a list of what made him special.
- Letterman gets ratings boost with retirement near Updated: May-14-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - David Letterman's imminent retirement is bringing nostalgic viewers back to check out his final shows.
- 'SNL' boss Michaels wraps its 40th season as he looks ahead Updated: May-13-15 10:28 am
NEW YORK - With less than two hours before dress rehearsal for the Mother's Day edition of "Saturday Night Live," the mood seemed relaxed. Studio 8H at NBC's 30 Rockefeller Plaza, where guest host Reese Witherspoon would soon preside, was almost deserted. And Lorne Michaels, "SNL" creator and executive producer, exuded mellowness as he welcomed a reporter to his office just past 6 p.m. to chat about the 40th season (which concludes Saturday at 11:30 p.m. EDT, with Louis C.K. hosting) as well as late-night TV in general and what lies ahead.
- Kimmel won't air new episode opposite Letterman's final show Updated: May-08-15 1:01 am
LOS ANGELES - Jimmy Kimmel is choosing not to air a new episode of his talk show opposite David Letterman's final "Late Show" installment.
- Shifting in a new direction, Jack Black rides 'The D Train' Updated: May-06-15 1:58 pm
NEW YORK - At an East Village restaurant over dinner recently, after ordering mussels and selecting a white wine, Jack Black proffered a theatrical "Gratzi" to the waitress. He then leaned in expectantly, his gymnastic eyebrows raised, eagerly awaiting a response that didn't come.
- Bono and U2 set as sole guests on Friday's 'Tonight Show' Updated: May-05-15 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - New Yorkers have been running into Bono and his band, U2, all over town the past few days.
- The hottest guy in New York right now? Alexander Hamilton Updated: Apr-30-15 4:29 pm
NEW YORK - Alexander Hamilton's face proudly adorns the $10 bill. But it's hard to imagine the founding father and treasury secretary, with all his famous ambition, ever anticipating just how many of those bills people would delightedly fork over one day to see a musical about his life.
- Bruce Jenner comes out as transgender, says 'I am a woman' Updated: Apr-25-15 2:26 pm
NEW YORK - In the 1970s, Bruce Jenner was a symbol of American masculinity as an Olympic champion. Nearly 40 years later, in an extraordinary television interview, Jenner told the world that he identifies as a woman and has felt gender confusion since he was a little boy growing up in the New York suburbs.