- Colbert hosting 'Late Show' raises questions, hope Updated: Apr-11-14 4:07 am
- Stephen Colbert to replace Letterman on late show Updated: Apr-10-14 7:49 pm
- Who else was worthy of 'Late Show' prize? Updated: Apr-10-14 6:30 pm
- Late night then & now as Dave prepares to take off Updated: Apr-10-14 9:05 am
- Barbershop quartets staging comeback across US Updated: Apr-08-14 3:02 pm
- NBC boss isn't worried about Letterman successor Updated: Apr-07-14 5:04 pm
- Letterman's departure will reshape late-night Updated: Apr-04-14 4:44 am
- Letterman 'wrapping things up,' to retire in 2015 Updated: Apr-04-14 1:26 am
- LA mayor quickly vies for Letterman's 'Late Show' Updated: Apr-04-14 12:56 am
- 7-year-old drummer totally rocks Updated: Apr-01-14 10:26 am
- Unguarded comments, caught on tape, dog candidates Updated: Mar-27-14 8:34 pm
- Closing time: From obscurity to supremacy and back Updated: Mar-24-14 3:12 pm
- Jimmy Fallon off to fast start on 'Tonight' Updated: Mar-24-14 2:05 pm
NEW YORK - With the announcement that Stephen Colbert will be the new host of CBS' "Late Show," his fans likely feel a clash of emotions:
NEW YORK - CBS moved swiftly Thursday to replace the retiring David Letterman with Comedy Central's Stephen Colbert, who will take over the "Late Show" next year and do battle with Jimmy Fallon and Jimmy Kimmel for late-night television supremacy.
LOS ANGELES - Congratulations, Stephen Colbert, on winning CBS' "Late Show" gig. You're brilliantly funny, you've proven yourself in the Comedy Central farm leagues, and odds are you will be a worthy successor to David Letterman.
NEW YORK - To deal with the present, we must understand the past.
JOPLIN, Missouri - Singers call it the "angel's voice."
NEW YORK - With Jimmy Fallon doing so well as "Tonight" show host, NBC's boss expressed no fear Monday about who will replace David Letterman upon the late-night comic's planned retirement from CBS sometime next year.
NEW YORK - David Letterman's departure from the late-night realm won't just end an unmatched run on television. It also will close the book on an era reaching almost to the birth of TV.
LOS ANGELES - With David Letterman retiring, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti is wasting no time trying to restore the balance of late-night talk to the West Coast.
PUNXSUTAWNEY, Pennsylvania - Seven-year-old Alex Shumaker totally rocks.
WASHINGTON - You might think this year's candidates had learned from Barack Obama's comments about bitter people who "cling to guns or religion." Or perhaps from Mitt Romney's apparent dismissal of the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes.
Some relievers thrive when they move into the huge ninth-inning spotlight and some fizzle. And others turn into one-year wonders.
NEW YORK - One month in, NBC's generational trade of Jay Leno for Jimmy Fallon at the "Tonight" show is succeeding beyond the hopes of executives who engineered it.