- Chile's Bachelet sworn in again as president Updated: Mar-11-14 9:08 pm
- Official: Biden mentions mediation for Venezuela Updated: Mar-11-14 3:55 pm
- Venezuela says near $1bn debt to Panama fraudulent Updated: Mar-09-14 3:43 pm
- Protest stymied after Venezuelan diplomatic win Updated: Mar-08-14 7:14 pm
- UN chief to meet Venezuela's foreign minister Updated: Mar-01-14 11:11 pm
- US expelling 3 Venezuelan diplomats Updated: Feb-25-14 5:09 pm
VALPARAISO, Chile - Michelle Bachelet returned to Chile's presidency Tuesday after a four-year break, facing an economic slowdown and student-led protests that have paralyzed the country in recent years and now will likely challenge her promises of profound social changes.
VALPARAISO, Chile - US Vice President Joe Biden has been discussing the "difficult situation" in Venezuela with other Latin American leaders attending Chile's presidential inauguration on Tuesday, and mentioned the possibility of mediation by third parties, according to a senior U.S. administration official.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's foreign minister says 90 percent of his government's $1 billion debt to Panama is fraudulent and criminal charges are likely to result.
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a major show of force, hundreds of National Guardsmen in riot gear and armored vehicles prevented an "empty pots march" from reaching Venezuela's Food Ministry on Saturday to protest now-chronic food shortages.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. says Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will meet Monday in Geneva with Venezuela's foreign minister, who also will speak to the U.N. Human Rights Council about the recent weeks of violent student-led protests in his country.
WASHINGTON - The United States has expelled three Venezuelan diplomats in response to similar action against three U.S. consular officials in Caracas.