- Lions slipping with 3 losses in 4-game stretch Updated: Dec-09-13 5:34 pm
- Lions struggle to hold onto ball in loss to Eagles Updated: Dec-08-13 6:11 pm
- Lions CB Slay listed as doubtful to play Eagles Updated: Dec-06-13 5:19 pm
- Tomlin and Kidd join a select group with antics Updated: Dec-05-13 4:18 pm
- Up-tempo Eagles next test for Suh, Lions Updated: Dec-04-13 6:43 pm
- Lions LB Lewis suspended under substance policy Updated: Dec-03-13 7:18 pm
- Lions can savor emphatic win over Green Bay Updated: Nov-29-13 1:03 pm
- Lions dominant in 40-10 rout of Packers Updated: Nov-29-13 3:06 am
- Lions score 37 straight in 40-10 rout over Packers Updated: Nov-28-13 5:50 pm
- Pick-6: Thanksgiving memories, good and bad Updated: Nov-27-13 6:15 pm
- Lions can't dwell on bad loss to Bucs Updated: Nov-25-13 6:16 pm
- Mistake-prone Lions lose to Tampa Bay 24-21 Updated: Nov-24-13 6:29 pm
- Bucs beat Lions 24-21 for 3rd straight victory Updated: Nov-24-13 6:03 pm
- Schwartz stands by fake FG call Updated: Nov-18-13 7:06 pm
- Resilient Steelers rally past erratic Lions 37-27 Updated: Nov-18-13 3:36 am
- Lions collapse late, fall to Steelers 37-27 Updated: Nov-17-13 7:14 pm
- Improved Lions hoping for consistency Updated: Nov-14-13 6:14 pm
- Alone in first, Lions choosing words carefully Updated: Nov-11-13 4:03 pm
- Lions beat Bears 21-19 in key NFC North matchup Updated: Nov-11-13 4:00 am
- Lions hold on for 21-19 victory over Bears Updated: Nov-10-13 9:29 pm
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions slipped and slid plenty in the snow at Philadelphia. Maybe it was fitting.
PHILADELPHIA - Jeremy Ross plowed his way through the snow, even with cleats that felt more appropriate for date night than a touchdown dance.
Mike Tomlin's sideline stroll was an expensive one, costing him $100,000 and possibly costing the Pittsburgh Steelers even more.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Detroit coach Jim Schwartz offered one obvious antidote to Philadelphia's fast-paced offense, which his Lions will try to contain this weekend.
DETROIT - Detroit Lions linebacker Travis Lewis was suspended Tuesday for the final four games of the regular season for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
DETROIT - For almost a decade, Thanksgiving seemed to bring out the worst in Detroit's struggling football franchise.
DETROIT - Matthew Stafford and Reggie Bush did their part to keep the Aaron Rodgers-less Green Bay Packers in the game.
ARLINGTON, Texas - The NFL played six games on Thanksgiving in 1920. The holiday tradition apparently didn't settle in until 1934, the year the Detroit Lions were born.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - The Detroit Lions have a decent excuse if they do not want to talk about last weekend's head-scratching loss to Tampa Bay.
DETROIT - Even by Detroit's exasperating standards, this loss was befuddling.
DETROIT - Tampa Bay is turning around its season, relying on a cool and calm rookie quarterback and an opportunistic defense.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - Jim Schwartz is standing by his decision to call a fake field goal in the fourth quarter at Pittsburgh.
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't quite ready to say they're in the playoff hunt.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - For the second time in three years, the Detroit Lions are making a legitimate push for the playoffs.
ALLEN PARK, Michigan - NFL coaches always seem keenly aware of the worst-case scenario, so it was no surprise when Detroit's Jim Schwartz brushed off any talk of his team's position in the standings.
CHICAGO - Calvin Johnson saw the defensive coverage. Same for Matthew Stafford, and they knew exactly what to do.