- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Mar-06-14 8:45 am
- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Pedro scores as Spain beats Italy 1-0 in friendly Updated: Mar-05-14 7:03 pm
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- Spain calls up Diego Costa for Italy friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:11 am
- Antoine Griezmann called up in France squad Updated: Feb-27-14 10:42 am
- Bayern beats Arsenal 2-0 in Champions League Updated: Feb-19-14 6:43 pm
- Atletico beats Milan 1-0 in Champs League last 16 Updated: Feb-19-14 6:42 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid's advantage at the top of the Spanish league has been squeezed down to a single point over Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid is only three points behind.
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
MADRID - Pedro Rodriguez stole the spotlight from debutant Diego Costa by scoring Spain's second-half winner in a 1-0 friendly victory over Italy on Wednesday in a rematch of the 2012 European Championship final.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
MADRID - Brazilian-born forward Diego Costa was called up by Spain on Friday for next week's friendly against Italy, and veteran strikers David Villa and Fernando Torres were not wanted.
PARIS - France coach Didier Deschamps called up forward Antoine Griezmann on Thursday for a friendly against the Netherlands.
LONDON - Second-half goals from Toni Kroos and Thomas Mueller gave holder Bayern Munich a 2-0 victory over 10-man Arsenal and a firm grip of their last 16 Champions League tie on Wednesday.
MILAN - Atletico Madrid struggled throughout but managed to win 1-0 at AC Milan thanks to a late Diego Costa header in the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie on Wednesday.