- Atletico faces Elche in 1st of 5 'finals' Updated: Apr-17-14 5:56 am
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Atletico 4 wins away from Spanish title Updated: Apr-14-14 6:39 am
- Diego Costa in Atletico squad for Getafe visit Updated: Apr-12-14 9:35 am
- Atletico beats Barcelona to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:36 pm
- Atletico's Costa out of Champions League match Updated: Apr-09-14 2:07 pm
- 5 Spain players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 8:36 am
- Calm Del Bosque a bundle of nerves leading Spain Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 am
- Spain looking for another title in Brazil Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 am
- Cue samba: Brazil's World Cup bound to be special Updated: Apr-08-14 4:26 am
- Ribas' goal against Barca shows Atletico's depth Updated: Apr-02-14 11:59 am
- Barcelona faces Atletico in Champions League Updated: Mar-31-14 1:44 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has called the remaining league games of the season five "finals," and his team plays its first against Elche on Friday before receiving Chelsea in the Champions League.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
BARCELONA, Spain - With a smaller budget and no stars like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, Atletico Madrid wasn't supposed to be leading the Spanish league with five matches left to play.
MADRID - Striker Diego Costa has returned to Atletico Madrid's squad for Sunday's Spanish league game at Getafe after recovering from a right thigh injury.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Spanish rival Barcelona on Wednesday as Koke's early goal guided his team to a 1-0 win and into the Champions League semifinals with a 2-1 aggregate victory.
MADRID - Spain has a surplus of talented players at nearly every position, so picking the right team will likely be Spain coach Vicente del Bosque's biggest dilemma.
MADRID - Vicente del Bosque's calm, composed and assured demeanor doesn't quite reveal the true extent of the stress he has endured in leading Spain to World Cup and European Championship titles.
MADRID - Spain has a chance to become the first team to win back-to-back World Cup titles since Brazil in 1962, and what better place to do it than in the country that coined the phrase "Jogo Bonito."
Like sunshine and happiness or Lennon and McCartney, football and Brazil go together, each making the other better. So the first World Cup in Brazil in 64 years is bound to be special.
MADRID - While Atletico Madrid stars Diego Costa and Thibaut Courtois garner much of the praise for the team's success, fringe player Diego Ribas' superb goal against Barcelona showed just how heavily the Spanish leader can lean on its entire squad.
BARCELONA, Spain - The Champions League will offer either Barcelona or Atletico Madrid a spot in the semifinals and a boost in the racee to win the Spanish league.