- Capitals' Orpik could be difference-maker vs. Penguins Updated: Apr-26-16 5:23 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Jay Beagle's sharpest memory of the Washington Capitals' 2009 playoff series against the Pittsburgh Penguins was when he tried to run over Brooks Orpik and instead got flattened at center ice.
- Penguins goaltender Fleury still dealing with concussion Updated: Apr-25-16 4:44 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury skated alongside some of his teammates on Monday, but says he's still dealing with concussion symptoms and is uncertain on when he will return.
- Surprise goaltenders make big impacts on playoffs' 1st round Updated: Apr-23-16 7:57 pm
WASHINGTON - Michal Neuvirth, Thomas Greiss and Martin Jones were sitting on the bench as playoff backups a year ago. Jeff Zatkoff and Matt Murray were in the minors.
- Penguins close out Rangers 5 games with 6-3 rout Updated: Apr-23-16 7:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - The end of two springs' worth of playoff angst for the Pittsburgh Penguins came suddenly, crammed into 14 minutes of pure exhilaration, one highlight-reel sequence piled atop another.
- Rangers captain Ryan McDonagh back in the lineup for Game 3 Updated: Apr-19-16 7:11 pm
- Despite Lundqvist scare, goalies don't want changes to masks Updated: Apr-17-16 11:22 am
ARLINGTON, Virginia - As Henrik Lundqvist kicked his feet in pain, bad thoughts went through his head for 30 seconds. New York Rangers teammate Marc Staal's stick blade went right through his mask and struck the All-Star goaltender in the right eye.
- Lundqvist starts for Rangers, Fleury out again for Penguins Updated: Apr-16-16 3:03 pm
- Third-string goaltender Zatkoff unlikely hero for Penguins Updated: Apr-14-16 3:37 pm
PITTSBURGH - It would have been easy for Jeff Zatkoff to go through the motions. Nobody would have blamed him really.
- High-profile injuries around NHL muddle playoff landscape Updated: Apr-12-16 5:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The defending Eastern Conference Tampa Bay Lightning are a lot more uneasy going into the playoffs than they were a year ago. Not having Steven Stamkos and Anton Stralman can do that.
- Surging Penguins complete turnaround in time for playoffs Updated: Apr-11-16 5:55 pm
PITTSBURGH - Matt Cullen can't quite find the right words to describe it. Maybe because the seemingly ageless Pittsburgh Penguins center has never experienced a season quite like this in a career that spans eight cities and nearly two decades.
- Flyers beat Penguins 3-1, clinch playoff spot Updated: Apr-09-16 7:25 pm
PHILADELPHIA - With their ailing owner watching from home, the Philadelphia Flyers clinched a playoff berth.
- Penguins beat Capitals in overtime for 8th consecutive win Updated: Apr-07-16 11:01 pm
- Penguins build early lead and rout Flyers 6-2 Updated: Apr-03-16 9:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - As the Stanley Cup playoffs approach, the Pittsburgh Penguins are playing with the confidence that they can beat any team in the NHL.
- Murray, Crosby spearhead Penguins' rout of Islanders Updated: Apr-02-16 5:11 pm
NEW YORK - Penguins coach Mike Sullivan recognizes what an achievement it is to get into the postseason.
- Penguins goalie Marc-Andre Fleury out with a concussion Updated: Apr-02-16 12:08 pm
NEW YORK - Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury has a concussion and did not travel to New York for Saturday's game against the Islanders.
- Kessel scores twice, Penguins topple Predators 5-2 Updated: Mar-31-16 10:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Phil Kessel never gave up hope. Not through the early season funk that cost former coach Mike Johnston his job. Not during those bumpy first weeks under Mike Sullivan, when the Pittsburgh Penguins tried to simultaneously learn new habits while trying to forget bad ones.