- Pens GM Rutherford bullish on future Updated: Apr-28-15 3:47 pm
PITTSBURGH - When Jim Rutherford took over as Pittsburgh Penguins general manager last summer, he stressed ownership wanted a "complete change in direction," one that would return a talented if aging roster into one capable of once again lifting the Stanley Cup.
- Malkin, Crosby reaffirm commitment to Penguins Updated: Apr-26-15 4:29 pm
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Penguins forward Evgeni Malkin does not plan to leave the team that drafted him.
- Penguins searching for answers after quick playoff exit Updated: Apr-25-15 3:08 pm
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby wasn't making excuses so much as stating the obvious.
- Rangers advance on Hagelin's OT goal, 2-1 Updated: Apr-24-15 11:17 pm
NEW YORK - Teammate J.T. Miller looked at Carl Hagelin and shook his head in admiration.
- Kevin Hayes scores in OT, Rangers beat Penguins 2-1 Updated: Apr-22-15 11:41 pm
- No matter the style, goaltenders getting tougher to beat Updated: Apr-15-15 2:50 am
Hall of Famer Patrick Roy treated the question almost like a shot on net, deflecting it away when hit with whether goaltenders of today are more athletic.
- Goaltender Fleury steadying force for erratic Penguins Updated: Apr-14-15 5:33 pm
PITTSBURGH - Marc-Andre Fleury tucked his hair behind his right ear and spent the next five minutes deflecting away praise much in the same way the Pittsburgh Penguins goaltender effortlessly turned aside 1,685 shots during a season unlike any of his 11-year career.
- Penguins clinch playoff berth with 2-0 win over Sabres Updated: Apr-11-15 11:09 pm
BUFFALO, New York - Phew, that was close for Sidney Crosby and Pittsburgh Penguins, who finally clinched a playoff berth in their final game of the season.
- Islanders send Penguins to 5th straight loss, 3-1 Updated: Apr-10-15 10:39 pm
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Penguins have spent the majority of the Sidney Crosby era treating the regular season as an 82-game exhibition until the playoffs start.
- Holtby blanks Bruins again, Capitals win 3-0 Updated: Apr-09-15 12:26 am
- Stone scores winner in OT to lift Senators past Penguins Updated: Apr-08-15 12:36 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Mark Stone is peaking at the right time for the Ottawa Senators.
- Slumping Penguins scrambling for playoff spot Updated: Apr-06-15 3:30 pm
PITTSBURGH - Mike Johnston tried to sound upbeat. The first-year Pittsburgh Penguins coach pointed out all the positives he saw from another lost weekend, one in which his stumbling team imploded in one game and looked snakebit in another.