- Cubs drop 5th straight, 4-1 to Reds Updated: Apr-18-14 7:35 pm
- Reds break from slump, start getting players back Updated: Apr-17-14 3:53 pm
- Cueto throws 3rd shutout as Reds beat Pirates 4-0 Updated: Apr-16-14 4:26 pm
- Reds lose to Rays 1-0 for worst start since 1995 Updated: Apr-12-14 5:45 pm
- Reds' offense struggles during rocky start Updated: Apr-10-14 5:24 pm
- Wacha following up on October rookie breakout Updated: Apr-10-14 4:27 pm
- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- Reds' Simon sharp in 1st start in 2 years Updated: Apr-06-14 5:39 pm
- Reds CF Billy Hamilton scratched with finger jam Updated: Apr-05-14 12:38 pm
- Cardinals beat Reds 7-6 to take 2 of 3 in series Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 pm
- Defending champ Cards open against depleted Reds Updated: Mar-30-14 9:52 pm
- Cingrani, Hamilton lead Reds over Diamondbacks Updated: Mar-27-14 7:35 pm
- MLB 2014: Pitching prospects could have impact Updated: Mar-26-14 9:11 pm
- Moss, Reddick hit home runs in A's win over Reds Updated: Mar-25-14 9:01 pm
- Reds have big concerns about pitching at outset Updated: Mar-25-14 7:26 pm
- Cueto scratched, Reds beat Rangers 5-4 in 10 Updated: Mar-20-14 9:41 pm
CHICAGO - Jeff Samardzija has had a hard time finding run support this season. The same could be said for all Chicago Cubs' pitchers.
CINCINNATI - The Reds have emerged from their worst start in two decades.
CINCINNATI - That playoff loss in Pittsburgh last year? Johnny Cueto never thought about it much. So getting a chance to shut out the Pirates in a rematch wasn't any more special.
CINCINNATI - Another game full of wasted chances and wasted pitching prompted the Reds to call for a meeting.
CINCINNATI - The Reds' season has started a lot like the last one ended, with a lot of losses set up by a lot runners stranded on base.
ST. LOUIS - Take it from the Cincinnati Reds: Michael Wacha's breakout postseason was no fluke.
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
NEW YORK - Alfredo Simon making his first start in more than two years. Manny Parra stepping into the closer's spot.
CINCINNATI - The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too.
CINCINNATI - No waiting for one of the NL Central's longstanding rivalries to resume. The Cardinals and Reds can start playing their annual game of look-who's-in-first right from the first pitch.
Some of the young arms have arrived, and a few more will make it to the majors this summer. Either way, there are a lot of promising pitching prospects poised to impact the playoff races in 2014.
CINCINNATI - Bryan Price's father worked for a savings and loan that had San Francisco Giants season tickets and would make some of them available to employees.
GOODYEAR, Arizona - Johnny Cueto was scratched because of a sore back Thursday, giving Cincinnati another concern about its pitching staff, but the Reds rallied for a 5-4 victory over the Texas Rangers on Joey Votto's bases-loaded walk in the 10th inning.