- Utah officials send letter to Obama opposing new monument Updated: Apr-29-16 5:22 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah officials who fear President Barack Obama may be poised to declare a new national monument in the state are once again telling the president they oppose the idea.
- Utah officials want to investigate Bears Ears push Updated: Apr-27-16 6:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers who oppose a new national monument in southern Utah questioned Wednesday whether American Indian people support the idea and called for an investigation.
- Gary Herbert, Mike Lee representing Utah at GOP convention Updated: Apr-26-16 11:42 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert, first lady Jeanette Herbert and a handful of Utah's elected officials are among the state's delegates to the Republican National Convention this summer who could decide the party's presidential nominee.
- The Latest: Utah GOP picks national delegates Updated: Apr-23-16 8:04 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on Republican and Democratic state conventions: (all times local):
- Utah Gov. Herbert fails to secure nomination at convention Updated: Apr-23-16 7:00 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert's re-election bid suffered a serious setback when he failed to secure the Republican Party's nomination on Saturday, but he'll have one more chance to win in a summer primary election.
- Utah Democrats, GOP to hold 1st conventions with new system Updated: Apr-22-16 1:25 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of Utah Republicans and Democrats will gather Saturday at party conventions in Salt Lake City to vote for candidates for Congress, governor and other offices.
- Governor asks lawmakers to pass anti-monument resolution Updated: Apr-20-16 6:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert is calling on lawmakers to pass a resolution opposing a new national monument in the state, a move he says would be "absolutely irresponsible" for President Barack Obama to consider without input from residents.
- Challenger Johnson raises more new money than Utah governor Updated: Apr-19-16 6:40 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Overstock.com executive Jonathan Johnson brought in more new campaign contributions in recent months than Gov. Gary Herbert as both men vie for the Republican Party's nomination for governor, new fundraising reports show.
- Judge upholds new nominating system for Utah candidates Updated: Apr-16-16 12:23 am
SALT LAKE CITY - A judge has upheld a new political nominating system that allows candidates in Utah to bypass the political party caucus and convention systems in favor of gathering voter signatures instead - dealing a defeat to the state GOP.
- Gov. Herbert, Johnson spar over public lands lawsuit Updated: Apr-11-16 7:26 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Gov. Gary Herbert said Monday it would be reckless to file a longshot lawsuit now to try and force the federal government to give up control of more than 30 million acres of public land - defending his actions against criticism from GOP challenger Jonathan Johnson.
- Utah limited Medicaid plan still needs OK from Washington Updated: Apr-10-16 12:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's governor and lawmakers have agreed on a pared-down plan to expand Medicaid after wrestling with the issue for years, but the law still needs approval from federal officials.
- Ted Cruz endorses Utah governor's re-election Updated: Apr-06-16 3:54 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz has endorsed Utah Gov. Gary Herbert in his re-election effort.