- Nationals shut down by Hendricks in 5-2 loss to Cubs Updated: May-06-16 12:51 am
CHICAGO - Bryce Harper was pitched very carefully. The rest of Washington's lineup was unable to pick up the slack.
- Hendricks, Zobrist lead Cubs past Nationals 5-2 Updated: May-06-16 12:29 am
CHICAGO - Ben Zobrist had a piece of confetti stuck to his back as he stood in front of his locker, and there were a few more in the hallway outside of the lavish home clubhouse.
- Nationals rout Royals 13-2 to take interleague series Updated: May-04-16 6:10 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Stephen Strasburg likes to time his journey from the bullpen to the dugout before a game to minimize the time he has to sit on the bench before getting in the game.
- Papelbon blows save as Nationals lose to Royals, 7-6 Updated: May-04-16 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Dusty Baker has seen the Kansas City Royals mount plenty of improbable comebacks in recent years.
- Scherzer, homers help Nationals sweep Cardinals, 6-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:57 pm
ST. LOUIS - Max Scherzer always makes sure to eat some toasted ravioli when he comes back to Missouri.
- Rupp's 9th-inning hit lifts Phils over Nats 3-0 for sweep Updated: Apr-28-16 9:07 pm
WASHINGTON - So much for the Washington Nationals' hot start.
- Scherzer says he's in 'funk' after Nats lose to Phillies 4-3 Updated: Apr-27-16 12:12 am
WASHINGTON - After all of six pitches, Max Scherzer had allowed a walk and a two-run homer.
- Twins fan 20 times, fall 6-5 to Nationals in 16 innings Updated: Apr-24-16 8:56 pm
WASHINGTON - In between their 20 strikeouts, the Minnesota Twins made enough solid contact to put themselves in position to win.
- Harper, Perez set up Heisey's HR in 16th, Nats sweep Twins Updated: Apr-24-16 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - During a career that has spanned five decades, Dusty Baker was pressed to remember a baseball game as zany at this one.
- Suzuki shines at bat and in field, helps Miami beat Nats 5-1 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:15 pm
MIAMI - Ichiro Suzuki quietly cleaned his cleats in a noisy postgame clubhouse Thursday before packing the shoes for his next game, which will be No. 2,368.
- Manfred: What's good for 'Goose,' not good for today's game Updated: Apr-21-16 5:01 pm
NEW YORK - Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred says this generation of players will determine its own unwritten rules on what emotion is acceptable to show on the field.
- Galvis, Phils beat Papelbon in 10, end Nats' win streak at 7 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:04 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Ignoring advice from his manager and hitting coach paid off for Freddy Galvis.
- Hellickson, Phillies routed 9-1 by Nationals Updated: Apr-16-16 12:43 am
PHILADELPHIA - What a difference a day makes.
- Harper hits 1st slam, 100th HR; Nationals drop Braves to 0-9 Updated: Apr-14-16 8:46 pm
WASHINGTON - After connecting for his first grand slam and 100th career home run, Bryce Harper is already thinking ahead to bigger milestones. His manager is invoking names like Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky.
- Harper hits slam, becomes 8th-youngest player to 100 HRs Updated: Apr-14-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals slugger Bryce Harper has hit a grand slam to become the eighth-youngest player to reach 100 career home runs.
- Werth comes through as Nationals beat Marlins 4-2 Updated: Apr-10-16 7:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A week into the new season, Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth still has two fewer hits than his team has wins.
- Marlins at Nationals postponed by cold; May 14 makeup date Updated: Apr-09-16 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - The Washington Nationals' game against the Miami Marlins on Saturday was postponed because of unseasonably cold weather and rescheduled as part of a split doubleheader on May 14 at 1:05 p.m.
- New 32-year-old White Sox broadcaster manages cerebral palsy Updated: Apr-08-16 2:13 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - It happened more than a decade ago, but journalism professor John Nicholson vividly remembers criticizing verb tenses used by the sports department of Syracuse University's radio station and the intense stare he got from Jason Benetti in return.