- DPS: Disputed roadblocks won't return to Valley Updated: Dec-04-13 6:45 pm
- GOP rules Texas, but talking like they're on ropes Updated: Nov-30-13 12:12 pm
- Texas Democrats offering stark contrast Updated: Nov-24-13 11:13 am
- It's official: Van de Putte running for lt. gov. Updated: Nov-23-13 2:56 pm
- Texas, US officials to honor vets across the state Updated: Nov-11-13 1:13 am
AUSTIN, Texas - Traffic checkpoints along the Texas border that critics say were state-operated immigration traps won't be deployed again without lawmaker support, Department of Public Safety Director Steve McCraw said Wednesday.
HOUSTON - Sick of losing on Election Day, they huddled candidates on their 2014 statewide ticket in a hotel ballroom and bristled at being outspent and outnumbered by political rivals in Texas who they talked up as sophisticated and savvy.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas voters won't have a hard time telling the difference between the Republican and Democratic candidates next year.
SAN ANTONIO - Switching breezily between Spanish and English with a South Texas twang, veteran state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte announced her candidacy for lieutenant governor Saturday, becoming half of what's likely to be a powerful female duo topping the Democratic Party's ticket.
Several federal and state elected officials will participate in events Monday in honor of Veterans Day.