- More affordable health insurance option urged for Washington Updated: May-02-16 6:23 pm
SEATTLE - U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell wants Washington state to bring back the Basic Health Plan, which provided an inexpensive health insurance option for the working poor.
- 3 leading candidates vie to replace retiring Rep. McDermott Updated: May-01-16 11:03 am
SEATTLE - The three leading candidates to replace U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott are pushing to distinguish themselves in Washington's deeply liberal 7th Congressional District.
- Man charged for threatening US Rep. Jim McDermott in Seattle Updated: Apr-28-16 7:49 pm
SEATTLE - A man is facing felony charges for allegedly threatening to cut out U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott's tongue.
- Bernie Sanders supporter arrested at superdelegate protest Updated: Apr-22-16 7:58 pm
SEATTLE - A Bernie Sanders supporter was arrested while protesting U.S. Rep. Jim McDermott's choice to support Hillary Clinton instead of Sanders with his superdelegate vote.
- Garland a court moderate who would frustrate both sides Updated: Apr-11-16 3:43 am
President Barack Obama's nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, has been characterized as a moderate who, if confirmed, would nudge his divided colleagues slightly to the left because he would replace conservative stalwart Antonin Scalia.
- Young faces crowded field in bid for 23rd congressional term Updated: Apr-07-16 8:10 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The longest serving Republican ever in the U.S. House will have challenges in both the primary and general elections, and the field of candidates grew by one on Thursday.