- Speaker: Ky. House likely to accept higher ed cuts Updated: Mar-07-14 3:51 pm
- Ky. Senate panel OKs trial use of cannabis oil Updated: Feb-26-14 4:24 pm
- Stumbo to fight subpoena for ethics hearing Updated: Feb-21-14 5:08 pm
- Senate OKs bill to form adult protection registry Updated: Feb-20-14 5:55 pm
- Senate OKs revised felons' voting rights bill Updated: Feb-19-14 7:19 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Kentucky House members working on the next state budget have been unable to find money to restore cuts to higher education that the governor proposed, House Speaker Greg Stumbo said Friday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at allowing trial use of cannabis oil for severe childhood seizures gained momentum Wednesday, clearing a Kentucky Senate committee that heard emotional pleas from parents wanting the treatment for their children.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - House Speaker Greg Stumbo says he will fight a subpoena that he testify at a legislative ethics hearing about fellow Democrat and former Rep. John Arnold, who resigned from office last year amid accusations that he sexually harassed legislative staffers.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A bill aimed at creating an adult protection registry in Kentucky to give more assurances that the elderly and disabled are receiving compassionate care was passed by the state Senate on Thursday.
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - A proposed constitutional amendment aimed at restoring the voting rights of some felons cleared the Kentucky Senate on Wednesday after being rewritten to include a five-year waiting period.