- Datsyuk's late goal lifts Detroit over Boston 1-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 10:22 pm
- Bruins bring experience to NHL playoffs Updated: Apr-14-14 5:39 pm
- Brodeur wins what might be final start for Devils Updated: Apr-13-14 7:32 pm
- Bruins clinch NHL's top record, beat Sabres 4-1 Updated: Apr-12-14 5:06 pm
- Bruins rally in 3rd period, win 12th in a row Updated: Mar-23-14 1:44 am
BOSTON - Pavel Datsyuk scored at 16:59 of the third period, moments after Jimmy Howard's best save of the game, and the Detroit Red Wings beat the top-seeded Boston Bruins 1-0 in the opener of their Eastern Conference playoff series Friday night.
BOSTON - The Boston Bruins had the NHL's best record, allowed the second fewest goals and scored the third most.
NEWARK, New Jersey - Standing on the podium after what might have been his final game of his record-setting, 20-year career with the New Jersey Devils, Martin Brodeur's eyes welled with tears when he was asked to explain his emotions.
BOSTON - Cheering fans stood and waved gold and black towels as the Boston Bruins claimed the Presidents' Trophy for the NHL's best regular-season record.
GLENDALE, Arizona - For the first time in seven games, the Boston Bruins actually fell behind.