- Protecting Rivers paramount, say beat up offensive linemen Updated: Sep-28-15 9:50 pm
SAN DIEGO - A number of offensive linemen for the San Diego Chargers were forced out of Sunday's ugly 31-14 loss at Minnesota.
- Role reduced, Greenway still valuable for thriving Vikings D Updated: Sep-28-15 7:29 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Chad Greenway's role with the Minnesota Vikings has been reduced, as has his salary.
- Peterson, defense lead Vikings' 31-14 domination of Chargers Updated: Sep-28-15 2:37 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson reached the end zone for the first time in nearly two years. Minnesota's feisty defense crossed the goal line, too.
- Peterson, Vikings trample banged-up Chargers 31-14 Updated: Sep-27-15 6:22 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson wasn't in peak shape two games into this comeback season, so he showed up at Minnesota's practice facility on his day off this week for a series of 100-yard sprints, 18 in all.
- Rivers roughed up behind depleted line in Bolts' 31-14 loss Updated: Sep-27-15 6:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The offensive linemen kept dropping and the hits kept coming on Philip Rivers, prompting San Diego Chargers great and CBS analyst Dan Fouts to plead during the telecast for coach Mike McCoy to pull his starting quarterback for his own safety.
- Run over in Week 1, Vikings try to rebound vs. Lions Updated: Sep-16-15 3:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings and their defensive-minded head coach spent all offseason focusing on improving a run defense that was among the worst in the league.
- Players who could make breakthroughs in 2015 Updated: Sep-10-15 9:33 am
Most of those preseason stars who slalomed their way into the end zone or smashed into ball carriers now get to watch the real elite NFL players take the stage.