- The Latest: Pope makes surprise foray outside his residence Updated: Jul-05-15 9:44 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Here are the latest developments from Pope Francis' trip to South America:
- UN leader offers assistance in Guyana-Venezuela dispute Updated: Jul-03-15 4:08 pm
BRIDGETOWN, Barbados - U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Friday offered assistance to resolve an escalating border dispute between Guyana and Venezuela.
- US senator ends visit to Venezuela, urges moderation Updated: Jul-02-15 4:22 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - The chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee wrapped up a trip to crisis-plagued Venezuela by warning the country is on a "destructive path" that could result in more suffering unless the socialist government adopts more moderate policies before congressional elections.
- Jailed Venezuelan politician gaining weight after strike Updated: Jul-01-15 3:40 pm
MADRID - The wife of jailed Venezuelan politician Leopoldo Lopez says he has gained four kilograms (nine pounds) since he ended a 30-day hunger strike a week ago.
- US senator on visit to Venezuela amid diplomatic detente Updated: Jun-30-15 5:55 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The Republican chairman of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee is making a surprise visit to Venezuela amid a U.S. effort to reduce tensions with the South American nation.
- Venezuelan struggling socialists hold legislative primaries Updated: Jun-29-15 9:39 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Members of Venezuela's ruling socialist party selected candidates to compete in December's legislative elections that the opposition is favored to win amid a punishing economic crisis that is eroding support for President Nicolas Maduro.
- Venezuela sets date for elections after mounting pressure Updated: Jun-22-15 5:16 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela will hold legislative elections Dec. 6, election officials announced Monday after months of mounting pressure from local opposition groups and international observers.
- Maradona's road to FIFA presidency filled with obstacles Updated: Jun-22-15 3:05 pm
If Diego Maradona is serious about running for the FIFA presidency, he still has a lot of work to do just to get on the ballot.
- Signs of rapprochement as US, Venezuelan officials meet Updated: Jun-16-15 5:47 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro says a recent meeting between Venezuelan and U.S. officials has opened an important channel that could lead toward restoration of full diplomatic relations.
- Spain ex-premier arrives in Caracas to help jailed leaders Updated: Jun-07-15 9:28 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - A former Spanish prime minister has arrived in Venezuela, where he intends to help lawyers defending imprisoned opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez and Caracas mayor Antonio Ledezma, who is under house arrest.