- Venezuela's No. 2 denies any involvement in drug trafficking Updated: May-19-15 9:49 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The powerful leader of Venezuela's congress on Tuesday fiercely denied allegations he might be involved in the drug trade.
- Frustration with Latin America's left on the rise Updated: May-18-15 7:38 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's socialist government is struggling to put food on the shelves amid runaway inflation. Brazil's president is facing calls for impeachment. And even Cuba's communist government, an iconic touchstone for generations of leftists, is embracing closer ties with the U.S.
- Spain's ex-premier delays Venezuela trip to help politician Updated: May-18-15 12:36 pm
MADRID - Spain's former prime minister Felipe Gonzalez has postponed his plans to travel to Venezuela to help defend jailed opposition leader Leopoldo Lopez until a date is set for the politician's trial.
- Venezuela congress head requests travel ban for journalists Updated: May-14-15 2:09 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The head of Venezuela's congress says he is asking courts to bar news executives from leaving the country while he's suing them for alleged defamation.
- Venezuelan president's bout with thrown mango inspires game Updated: May-06-15 12:14 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two Venezuelans who emigrated to escape the country's economic woes are drawing laughs with a mobile game mocking President Nicolas Maduro for his decision to give a new home to a woman who threw a mango at him seeking attention for her plea to get housing.
- May Day demos staged around the world; Turkey square blocked Updated: May-01-15 1:21 pm
HAVANA - Left-wing groups, governments and trade unions were staging rallies around the world Friday to mark International Workers Day.
- Jailed Venezuelan mayor transferred from prison to hospital Updated: Apr-25-15 2:16 pm
CARACAS, Venezuela - The jailed mayor of Venezuela's capital has been taken from prison to a hospital where he will undergo emergency surgery for a groin hernia.