- Razor thin margin in El Salvador presidential vote Updated: Mar-10-14 12:36 pm
- Biden says Venezuela 'concocting' bogus stories Updated: Mar-09-14 9:56 pm
- Venezuela says near $1bn debt to Panama fraudulent Updated: Mar-09-14 3:43 pm
- Protest stymied after Venezuelan diplomatic win Updated: Mar-08-14 7:14 pm
- Venezuelan middle class seeks refuge in Miami Updated: Mar-07-14 3:50 pm
- UN experts demand answers about Venezuela violence Updated: Mar-06-14 2:34 pm
- Venezuelans mourn Chavez but protests don't break Updated: Mar-05-14 10:49 pm
- Venezuela's Chavez everywhere a year after death Updated: Mar-04-14 9:05 pm
- Venezuelan opposition marches to keep up momentum Updated: Mar-02-14 10:12 pm
- Chavez cult no match for Venezuela's crisis Updated: Mar-02-14 1:55 pm
- UN chief to meet Venezuela's foreign minister Updated: Mar-01-14 11:11 pm
- Venezuela opposition struggles to expand appeal Updated: Feb-27-14 6:46 pm
- Hillary Clinton lauds veto of Ariz. anti-gay bill Updated: Feb-26-14 11:58 pm
- Ex-President Carter planning trip to Venezuela Updated: Feb-25-14 8:10 pm
- US expelling 3 Venezuelan diplomats Updated: Feb-25-14 5:09 pm
- University of Miami holds forum on Venezuela Updated: Feb-24-14 5:49 am
- Ex-Venezuelan general in armed standoff at home Updated: Feb-23-14 10:11 pm
- US Sen. Marco Rubio helps inaugurate Cuba memorial Updated: Feb-23-14 4:40 pm
- Thousands rally across Fla. for Venezuela Updated: Feb-23-14 1:05 pm
- Venezuelans in MLB have their minds back home Updated: Feb-22-14 6:38 pm
- Fla Venezuelans keep spotlight on native country Updated: Feb-22-14 3:43 pm
- Internet a crucial Venezuela battleground Updated: Feb-21-14 10:11 pm
- Venezuelan violence has roots in obscure incident Updated: Feb-21-14 9:34 pm
- Maduro expels 3 US officials amid protest tensions Updated: Feb-16-14 11:43 pm
- Critics blast Venezuelan classical maestro Dudamel Updated: Feb-14-14 1:52 pm
SAN SALVADOR, El Salvador - El Salvador's too-close-to-call presidential runoff election has raised competing claims of victory from a former fighter for leftist guerrillas and the once long-ruling conservative party that fought a civil war from 1980 to 1992.
CARACAS, Venezuela - U.S. Vice President Joe Biden calls Venezuela's situation alarming in remarks published Sunday, suggesting its government is using "armed vigilantes" against peaceful protesters and accusing it of "concocting false and outlandish conspiracy theories" about the United States.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuela's foreign minister says 90 percent of his government's $1 billion debt to Panama is fraudulent and criminal charges are likely to result.
CARACAS, Venezuela - In a major show of force, hundreds of National Guardsmen in riot gear and armored vehicles prevented an "empty pots march" from reaching Venezuela's Food Ministry on Saturday to protest now-chronic food shortages.
MIAMI - Carlos Salamanca fled Venezuela's growing political turmoil in January with his wife, two teenage children and $7,000.
GENEVA - United Nations human rights experts demanded answers Thursday from Venezuela's government about the use of violence and imprisonment in a crackdown on widespread demonstrations.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of Venezuelans mourned the passing of President Hugo Chavez on the first anniversary of his death Wednesday, while National Guard troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets at anti-government activists who pressed on with street protests despite the commemorations.
CARACAS, Venezuela - It's been a year since former Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's death, yet it often seems the charismatic leader never left.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Thousands of anti-government activists marched peacefully Sunday to an upper-class Caracas district shaken by more than two weeks of unrest, trying to maintain the movement's momentum during a long holiday break.
CARACAS, Venezuela - A year after Hugo Chavez's death, dozens of mourners still trek daily to his mausoleum atop a hillside slum overlooking downtown Caracas.
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. says Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon will meet Monday in Geneva with Venezuela's foreign minister, who also will speak to the U.N. Human Rights Council about the recent weeks of violent student-led protests in his country.
CARACAS, Venezuela - It is hard to find toilet paper or flour in oil-rich Venezuela these days and the country is plagued by some of the highest inflation, murder and kidnapping rates in the world. Clashes between protesters and security forces loyal to the president have left 16 dead, and a telegenic opposition leader has been thrown in jail.
CORAL GABLES, Florida - Hillary Rodham Clinton lauded Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer's veto of a bill Wednesday that set off a national debate over gay rights.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter is expressing concern about Venezuela's escalating political crisis and wants to meet with leaders on both sides in an upcoming trip.
WASHINGTON - The United States has expelled three Venezuelan diplomats in response to similar action against three U.S. consular officials in Caracas.
CORAL GABLES, Florida - The University of Miami's Institute for Cuban and Cuban-American Studies is examining the mass protests in Venezuela and their potential effects on Cuba.
CARACAS, Venezuela - One of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro's most outspoken critics has become the latest rally cry for opposition protesters after engaging in an armed standoff with security forces Sunday.
MIAMI - With political uprisings in Venezuela and the Ukraine, U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio is urging the world not to forget the Cuban people's struggles. The son of Cuban immigrants on Saturday helped thousands of Cuban exiles and Cuban-Americans in Miami inaugurate a monument dedicated to those who died in opposition to Cuba's communist government.
ORLANDO, Florida - Thousands of demonstrators waved the yellow, blue and red of the Venezuelan flag in cities across Florida in solidarity with the South American country's political opposition movement.
Spring training is a time to get in shape for the upcoming major league season, work on mechanics or maybe compete for a spot on the team.
DORAL, Fl. - Hundreds of Venezuelans and their allies are gathering in a suburb of Miami to support loved ones back home.
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - The battle for Venezuela is being fought as vigorously online as in the streets, with Internet service cut off to a strife-torn university city and the government blocking selected websites and a "walkie-talkie" service widely used by protesters.
SAN CRISTOBAL, Venezuela - Major Venezuelan cities have been roiled by violent protests in recent days but the unrest actually began far from the capital with a little-known incident on a college campus in a city that now seems under siege.
CARACAS, Venezuela - President Nicolas Maduro on Sunday ordered the expulsion of three U.S. Embassy officials after Washington came to the defense of an opposition hard-liner accused by Venezuela's leader of responsibility for bloodshed during anti-government protests.
CARACAS, Venezuela - Classical music wunderkind Gustavo Dudamel is facing the heat in his native Venezuela for not speaking out against embattled President Nicolas Maduro while holding a series of high-profile concerts here this week.