- Biden to appear on Colbert's 'Late Show' Updated: Sep-01-15 7:28 pm
LOS ANGELES - Vice President Joe Biden will be among Stephen Colbert's inaugural guests on "The Late Show."
- US presidential hopeful Marco Rubio to visit Puerto Rico Updated: Sep-01-15 6:44 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio is scheduled to visit the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico this week, his staff said Tuesday.
- Marco Rubio visits Sandoval, but didn't discuss endorsement Updated: Sep-01-15 6:15 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio says he met with Gov. Brian Sandoval during his northern Nevada campaign tour, but the two didn't discuss an endorsement.
- Board sends lobbyist contribution question to Legislature Updated: Sep-01-15 5:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin election officials asked the Legislature on Tuesday to address whether lobbyists can make contributions to Republican Gov. Scott Walker's presidential candidate and when donations could start.
- Black Lives Matter movement experiencing growing pains Updated: Sep-01-15 12:36 pm
WASHINGTON - Hundreds of Black Lives Matter activists, black and white, marched outside the Minnesota State Fair this weekend, hoping to bring attention to the deaths of African-Americans at the hands of police.
- Walker spokeswoman says he's not calling for Canadian wall Updated: Aug-31-15 3:07 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's presidential campaign spokeswoman says the Wisconsin governor is not advocating for building a wall separating Canada and the United States.
- Immigration shift shows India, China outpacing Mexico Updated: Aug-29-15 6:05 pm
DALLAS - Siddharth Jaganath wanted to return to India after earning his master's degree at Texas' Southern Methodist University. Instead, he built a new life in the U.S. over a decade, becoming a manager at a communications technology company and starting a family in the Dallas suburb of Plano.
- GOP candidate Trump to offer plan to overhaul US tax code Updated: Aug-28-15 7:42 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is promising to offer a plan within a month to overhaul the tax system, calling himself "king of the tax code."
- Utah rally Saturday for GOP presidential candidate Rand Paul Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
OREM, Utah - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is scheduled to be in Utah on Friday and Saturday for campaign events.
- Congressman, North Carolina lawmakers supporting Jeb Bush Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A congressman and key General Assembly leaders are atop Jeb Bush's campaign support group in North Carolina.
- Clinton likens GOP's views on women to those of terrorists Updated: Aug-27-15 2:55 pm
CLEVELAND - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday drew parallels between terrorist organizations and the field of Republican candidates for president when it comes to their views on women, telling an Ohio audience her potential GOP rivals were pushing "out of date" policies.
- Bush campaign raffling off ticket to Colbert debut Updated: Aug-27-15 1:46 pm
NEW YORK - Jeb Bush isn't just going to be a guest on Stephen Colbert's late-night debut on CBS. He's turned it into a fundraising opportunity.
- Trump dumps insults on questioners, insists on control Updated: Aug-27-15 6:19 am
WASHINGTON - For Donald Trump, the joy of the insult seems as compelling as the art of the deal.
- Tim Scott hosting Rick Perry at town hall in Columbia Updated: Aug-27-15 4:06 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Rick Perry is the latest Republican presidential candidate to take part in a town hall meeting with South Carolina's junior senator.
- Trump says he's proud he booted Univision's Ramos from event Updated: Aug-26-15 10:07 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump said Wednesday he's proud of kicking one of the country's best-known Spanish-language journalists out of an Iowa news conference - the latest in a series of clashes with the media.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush holds fundraiser in Salt Lake City Updated: Aug-26-15 12:18 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush was in Salt Lake City on Tuesday for a fundraising luncheon where he spoke about presidential candidate Donald Trump and the GOP's need to appeal to Latino and African American voters.
- Trump has Univision anchor removed from new conference Updated: Aug-25-15 10:20 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump engaged in a prolonged confrontation with the anchor of the nation's leading Spanish-language network during a news conference Tuesday, first having the well-known news personality removed before allowing him back in.
- Perry, Santorum presidential hopes undercut by own donors Updated: Aug-25-15 3:44 pm
WASHINGTON - The two returning Republican presidential candidates have struggled to keep their own donors interested.
- Rand Paul is 6th candidate planning to attend Michigan event Updated: Aug-25-15 9:15 am
MACKINAC ISLAND, Michigan - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul is scheduled to speak next month at a Republican gathering in Michigan.
- Jeb Bush to hold veterans' town hall in Colorado Updated: Aug-25-15 5:03 am
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush is holding a veterans' town hall in Colorado.
- Florida taxpayers pay up: June special session cost $651,000 Updated: Aug-24-15 4:17 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - A messy budget fight that forced Florida's legislators to hold an unusual June special session cost taxpayers more than $651,000, according to figures released Monday by the Florida Senate.
- Stephen Colbert announces 1st week's 'Late Show' guests Updated: Aug-24-15 11:31 am
NEW YORK - Stephen Colbert will open big when he begins his run as host of CBS' "The Late Show" on Sept. 8, with previously announced guests George Clooney and Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush.
- Puerto Rico statehooders see opportunity as woes deepen Updated: Aug-24-15 1:16 am
MANATI, Puerto Rico - Revelers arrived in cars sporting the American flag and wore clothes in red, white and blue as they celebrated the anniversary of Puerto Rico's pro-statehood political party with deafening salsa music and speeches.
- For Koch group, winning is rising as priority over purity Updated: Aug-23-15 7:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The head of the Koch brothers' flagship political organization says a Republican winning the presidency is becoming a higher priority for more of its members, suggesting a rift between pragmatists and ideologues.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.