- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Tim Scott rolls out town hall schedule with GOP hopefuls Updated: Jul-27-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's junior senator is offering voters a chance to get to know some of the Republican presidential candidates.
- As Democrats fret over 'sharing economy,' GOP moves in Updated: Jul-26-15 2:55 am
DENVER - The debate over ride-hailing firm Uber is laying bare divides in the Democratic Party and on the left about how to handle the new "sharing" economy. Republicans are hungry to exploit that ambivalence and make inroads into a wealthy sector of the tech industry.
- Carroll to pay fine, admit violations in ethics case Updated: Jul-24-15 3:26 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - The drama over Florida's former lieutenant governor, who was forced to resign more than two years ago, may be finally over.
- Bush calls on GOP to embrace Latinos, African-Americans Updated: Jul-23-15 7:08 pm
GORHAM, New Hampshire - Calling on his party to embrace diversity, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declared Thursday that Republicans will never win the presidency if they don't campaign in "every nook and cranny" of the country - especially in Hispanic and African-American communities.
- Wisconsin governor orders Guard members to arm themselves Updated: Jul-21-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has issued an executive order allowing Wisconsin National Guard's adjutant general to arm his troops in the wake of an attack on a pair of military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- GOP presidential hopeful Walker signs abortion ban bill Updated: Jul-20-15 11:04 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one week after launching his bid for the 2016 presidential nomination, signed a bill Monday that outlaws non-emergency abortions at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- Fierce fight looms on Ex-Im Bank as outside groups weigh in Updated: Jul-20-15 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - Congress is about to decide the fate of an obscure federal agency that has become improbably tangled in presidential politics and Republican Party infighting, and the billionaire Koch Brothers may end up on the losing side.
- 5 Things to Know in Florida for July 21 Updated: Jul-20-15 5:05 pm
Your daily look at news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
- GOP's Rubio cancels New Hampshire visit due to illness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has canceled a two-day campaign swing in New Hampshire due to illness.
- Ex-President George H.W. Bush leaves hospital after fall Updated: Jul-19-15 1:35 pm
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine - Former President George H.W. Bush was released from a Maine hospital on Sunday, four days after the 91-year-old fell at his summer home and broke a bone in his neck.
- As Democrats face-off, Clinton keeps her focus on the GOP Updated: Jul-18-15 3:04 am
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Ignoring her primary challengers, Hillary Rodham Clinton focused instead on the expanding field of Republican contenders as she and her fellow Democrats tried to impress influential party activists in Iowa.
- Bush, Walker, Trump criticize gun ban in recruiting offices Updated: Jul-17-15 10:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidates Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Donald Trump called Friday for an end to a ban on service members carrying guns in military recruiting offices.
- Trump touts business background as he visits Arkansas Updated: Jul-17-15 10:13 pm
HOT SPRINGS, Arkansas - Donald Trump showed no signs of backing down from his heated rhetoric as the businessman brought his presidential campaign to Arkansas on Friday, vowing to be the "greatest job-producing president that God ever created" and promising to win the Hispanic vote despite his controversial remarks on immigration.
- Walker brings announcement tour to Iowa Updated: Jul-17-15 6:24 pm
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker saved the most important state of his campaign for the last stop on his presidential announcement tour, arriving in Iowa on Friday for a weekend of events.
- Pitbull to Trump: 'I'm a Latino first, I support our people' Updated: Jul-17-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Pitbull is the latest star to take a bite out of Donald Trump.
- Early-state newspapers plan GOP forum before Fox debate Updated: Jul-15-15 1:36 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A trio of newspapers in the early presidential nominating states is pushing back against the plan by Fox News to allow only 10 Republican candidates on stage in its Aug. 6 debate, the first of the 2016 campaign.
- Jeb Bush rolls out South Carolina campaign leadership Updated: Jul-15-15 9:33 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A major GOP fundraiser and two-time agency head are among Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush's campaign leadership team for South Carolina.
- Charleston massacre, flag debate put Haley in 2016 spotlight Updated: Jul-15-15 5:40 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - From her public statements of grief to removing the Confederate battle flag from outside her Statehouse office, South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley has drawn wide praise since the massacre of nine black churchgoers from a historic Charleston congregation.
- Iran nuclear deal: Fine 'new chapter' or 'historic mistake'? Updated: Jul-14-15 10:16 pm
VIENNA - Overcoming decades of hostility, Iran, the United States, and five other world powers struck a historic accord Tuesday to check Tehran's nuclear efforts short of building a bomb. The agreement could give Iran access to billions in frozen assets and oil revenue, stave off more U.S. military action in the Middle East and reshape the tumultuous region.
- GOP candidate Jeb Bush visiting Carson City, Vegas this week Updated: Jul-14-15 7:25 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential hopeful Jeb Bush is making a swing through Nevada later this week.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker kicks off Nevada campaign Updated: Jul-14-15 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker made his first stop in Nevada as a presidential candidate on Tuesday, arguing his success implementing conservative policies in Wisconsin can be taken nationwide.
- Pro-Bush group with almost $100 million to echo candidate Updated: Jul-10-15 5:20 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Flush with almost $100 million, a super PAC supporting Republican Jeb Bush's presidential ambitions is plowing ahead on a parallel campaign, promising to use its immense resources in a way that is untested but could revolutionize presidential politics.
- Medicare's end-of-life counseling policy may find acceptance Updated: Jul-09-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Six years ago, a proposal for Medicare to cover end-of-life counseling touched off a political uproar that threatened to stall President Barack Obama's health care law in Congress. This week, when Medicare finally announced it would make the change, reaction was largely muted.
- Paul plans Michigan visit; Fiorina to speak in September Updated: Jul-08-15 1:53 pm
LANSING, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul is planning to campaign in Michigan this week.