- Bush sees 'long fight ahead' for land commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:04 pm
- Bush wins Texas GOP land commissioner nomination Updated: Mar-04-14 9:04 pm
- Surprises, runoffs likely in Texas primary races Updated: Mar-03-14 11:33 pm
- Fla. considers best way to implement ed reforms Updated: Mar-01-14 11:56 am
- For Scott, it's about tax cuts and budget in 2014 Updated: Feb-26-14 3:09 pm
- Ohio voters pick Clinton over Kasich for president Updated: Feb-20-14 10:51 am
- Immigrant group fetes Miami lawyer, Spanish chef Updated: Feb-20-14 3:07 am
- Board looks at Fla. school standards, grading Updated: Feb-18-14 3:41 pm
- Hanna Skandera nomination stalls in committee Updated: Feb-17-14 2:16 pm
- Fla. marine scientists blocked from Cuba research Updated: Feb-15-14 1:33 pm
- Former 2-time GOP Senate candidate to be honored Updated: Feb-05-14 10:19 am
FORT WORTH, Texas - A member of the next generation of the Bush family has won his first elective office - and it was a statewide office.
AUSTIN, Texas - Yet another Bush is rising among the ranks in Texas politics.
AUSTIN, Texas - Gov. Rick Perry isn't on the ballot, but a new member of the Bush dynasty is. Wendy Davis can clinch a feat no woman has achieved in Texas since Ann Richards. Heavyweight Republicans are trying to survive, and a new voter ID law gets a major test.
MIAMI - Sweeping changes the Florida Legislature has made to education in recent years are likely to come to the forefront again during the upcoming session as lawmakers grapple with their implementation.
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Gov. Rick Scott, weighed down by lackluster poll numbers and a Republican Legislature intent on pursuing its own contentious reforms, appears content to keep it simple as he heads into the 2014 session.
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is among prospective Republican challengers lagging Democrat Hillary Clinton in an independent poll of prospective 2016 presidential matchups.
MIAM BEACH, Florida - A Spanish chef and a Cuban-born attorney will get top honors for their work on behalf of the nation's immigrants in South Florida.
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida education officials on Tuesday tried to end a long-simmering debate over what its school standards should be and how schools should be graded.
SANTA FE, New Mexico - The nomination of Hanna Skandera as Republican Gov. Susana Martinez's secretary of education stalled on Monday, but she will continue to serve in her cabinet-level job.
TAMPA, Florida - Marine biologists who study the Gulf of Mexico have a joke: The FBI, the DEA, the CIA - none of them have anything on scientists when it comes to tracking the flow of secretive traffic between Cuba and the United States.
HARTFORD, Connecticut - The Connecticut Republican Party is bestowing two-time U.S. Senate candidate Linda McMahon with its highest honor.