- Rubio eyes brokered convention after NH setback Updated: Feb-11-16 2:03 pm
OKATIE, South Carolina - The best hope of the Republican establishment just a week ago, Marco Rubio suddenly faces a path to his party's presidential nomination that could require a brokered national convention.
- Florida Gov. remains mum on how to fix state's death penalty Updated: Feb-10-16 10:56 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - With Florida's death penalty law in limbo due to a U.S. Supreme Court ruling, Emilee Cope on Wednesday described in chilling detail how her father, Keith, was hog-tied and left for dead back in 2009 when she was a teenager.
- The Latest: Bush says he won't blame Obama for problems Updated: Feb-10-16 8:39 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Here's the latest on the 2016 presidential race as Republican and Democratic candidates head from New Hampshire to South Carolina and beyond. All times local:
- Jumbled GOP field hopes for survival in South Carolina Updated: Feb-10-16 5:32 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Hoping for survival in the South, a muddled field of Republican presidential contenders descended Wednesday on South Carolina, no closer to clarity about who can stand between Donald Trump and their party's nomination.
- New Hampshire Takeaways: Donald Trump proves he's a winner Updated: Feb-10-16 8:09 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire voters have made their picks: Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders. They are choices with implications for next-to-vote South Carolina, Nevada and beyond in the 2016 race for president.
- Bush, Carson, Cruz, Rubio expected for SC faith forum Updated: Feb-10-16 3:55 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Four Republican presidential hopefuls are among those expected at a discussion on faith issues in South Carolina, a week before the state's first primary election.
- New Hampshire voters take to polls in 1st-in-nation primary Updated: Feb-09-16 1:41 pm
New Hampshire hosts the first-in-the-nation presidential primary, featuring candidates for the Republican and Democratic nomination. Of the state's 1.33 million residents, more than 870,000 residents are registered to vote. Polls started opening at 7 a.m., except for a handful of communities that begin voting just after midnight. In Dixville Notch, voters in that tiny town gave Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich two votes, Republican Donald Trump got two and U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders won four votes for his Democratic bid.
- WATCHING TUESDAY: NH existential test for Trump's candidacy Updated: Feb-09-16 12:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Which candidate is "the best," who's the most experienced, who's a revolutionary and who's a robot?
- Primary puts values of retail campaigning to the test Updated: Feb-09-16 3:56 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Donald Trump upended the traditions of New Hampshire campaigning when he opted for mega-rallies over living room conversations and diner stops, spending less time in the first primary state than any of his rivals. Yet the businessman goes into the state's Tuesday primary with the hope of clinching his first win.
- Siena poll shows Clinton, Trump favored among NY voters Updated: Feb-08-16 10:44 am
ALBANY, New York - A new poll shows Hillary Clinton favored by registered New York Democrats while Donald Trump leads among Republicans voters in the state.
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump not stirred Updated: Feb-08-16 7:51 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - There have been no higher stakes on a Republican debate stage in the 2016 campaign for president than there were Saturday night.
- Political tourists flock to New Hampshire for up-close view Updated: Feb-08-16 3:35 am
SALEM, New Hampshire - Ann and Jon Vitti hopped on a flight from Los Angeles to snowy New Hampshire to witness firsthand what they can't see on their TV: The more personal side of presidential politics.
- The Latest: Japan mulls sanctions after NKorea launch Updated: Feb-07-16 11:28 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The Latest on North Korea's launch of a long-range rocket (all times local):
- Analysis: Arkansas up for grabs after Huckabee exit Updated: Feb-06-16 11:00 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Former Gov. Mike Huckabee's exit from the presidential race doesn't just open up a new hunt for his home state's Republican delegates in the March 1 primary. It could also expose where the rifts lie in the GOP two years after it completed its sweep of Arkansas offices.
- Beacon Hill lawmakers head north for New Hampshire primary Updated: Feb-06-16 9:56 am
BOSTON - The New Hampshire primary is just days away and that can only mean one thing in neighboring Massachusetts - a mass exodus of elected officials from Beacon Hill to the frozen north to stump for the candidate of their choice.
- Oklahoma's Lankford to speak at conservative gathering Updated: Feb-05-16 5:56 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - U.S. Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma will be a featured speaker next month at an annual gathering of conservatives in suburban Washington.
- Rubio could see campaign fortunes rise from Iowa finish Updated: Feb-03-16 8:19 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio's strong third-place finish in Iowa could sound like a starting gun to the Republican Party's top donors.
- Cruz wins in Iowa's Republican caucuses Updated: Feb-02-16 12:32 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Ted Cruz, the self-proclaimed outsider and tea party champion, was warmly embraced by conservative Iowa Republicans, whose historic turnout sealed his victory in the Iowa caucuses Monday.
- Presidential super PACs lost steam in second half of 2015 Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has opened his wallet in a big way for his presidential bid. Billionaires are filling the coffers of super political action committees helping Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Jeb Bush. And small, online contributions are powering some of the candidates.
- Watching Monday: What to look for in the 2016 Iowa caucuses Updated: Feb-01-16 8:09 am
WASHINGTON - The Iowa caucuses are finally here. A few things to watch for on Monday as the nation gets its first glimpse of where the 2016 candidates really stand in the race for the Republican and Democratic presidential nominations:
- Among GOP rivals to Trump and Cruz, Rubio has most cash Updated: Feb-01-16 8:07 am
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, John Kasich and Chris Christie, the four Republican candidates in a showdown for their party's traditional supporters, closed last year with roughly as much money in the bank combined as Ted Cruz, the conservative insurgent they hope to topple.
- The Latest: Trump campaign says rally raised $6 million Updated: Jan-28-16 11:47 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The Latest on developments from the 2016 Republican race for president, less than a week out from the Iowa caucuses (all times local):
- Viewer's Guide: Trump drama, closing arguments before Iowa Updated: Jan-28-16 4:09 am
WASHINGTON - It's one thing to attack Donald Trump when he's standing on the presidential debate stage. But what about when he's not?
- Who is paying for the presidential race? Some answers coming Updated: Jan-27-16 3:53 am
WASHINGTON - Americans will soon get a look at the presidential picks of some of the nation's richest donors and a progress report on the money flow inside the presidential campaigns.
- Trump refuses to debate; calls Fox's Kelly 'a lightweight' Updated: Jan-26-16 11:17 pm
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - Donald Trump on Tuesday bowed out of the final Republican presidential debate before the leadoff Iowa caucuses, saying Fox News moderator Megyn Kelly is "a lightweight."