- Q&A: A look at Nevada's debate over caucus vs. primary Updated: May-24-15 6:22 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Lawmakers are trying to change how Nevada votes for presidential candidates in a move that has major implications for the state's relevance on the campaign trail and who is likely to be the nominee.
- Veterans frustrated by presidential debate on Iraq war Updated: May-23-15 12:22 pm
Veterans of the Iraq War have been watching in frustration as Republican presidential contenders distance themselves from the decision their party enthusiastically supported to invade that country.
- Huckabee is latest straw poll no-show. Is event in jeopardy? Updated: May-21-15 4:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The people running Iowa's Republican presidential straw poll want less money and glitz involved as they try to take this summer's event back to basics. But now they are facing a different kind of downsizing - fewer candidates.
- Oklahoma GOP roiled by infighting as conference looms Updated: May-20-15 8:04 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - As Republicans prepare for some of the party's biggest names to descend on Oklahoma for the Southern Republican Leadership Conference, the state party is being rocked by infighting over its new chairman's decision to retain a staffer who pleaded guilty to a domestic violence charge.
- Former state GOP chairman elected Jacksonville mayor Updated: May-19-15 10:04 pm
UNDATED - Former Republican Party of Florida Chairman Lenny Curry defeated Democratic incumbent Mayor Alvin Brown on Tuesday with help from powerful friends like Sen. Marco Rubio and former Gov. Jeb Bush.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- GOP candidate Marco Rubio coming to Nevada in late May Updated: May-19-15 3:03 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio is planning to visit Nevada at the end of the month to celebrate his birthday with the star of the TV show "Pawn Stars."
- Rand Paul vows to filibuster to block Patriot Act Updated: May-18-15 6:23 pm
PHILADELPHIA - Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul vowed on Monday to do "everything possible" to block renewal of the terrorism-era Patriot Act, but the Republican presidential hopeful conceded it may not be enough.
- Christie, Bush, Clinton head back to New Hampshire this week Updated: May-18-15 8:46 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Plenty of presidential hopefuls are heading back to New Hampshire this week.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Florida presidential primary to be winner-take-all Updated: May-16-15 2:04 pm
- In Ga., Rubio promises 'transformational change' Updated: May-15-15 4:31 pm
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Christie presses pension reforms at town hall Updated: May-14-15 5:49 pm
SPARTA, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is continuing to defend his decision to scale back promised payments to the state's public worker pension system as the budget deadline draws nearer.
- Bush still coy about running in speech to Vegas Republicans Updated: May-13-15 11:54 pm
LAS VEGAS - Jeb Bush says a record like his leading the state of Florida from 1998 to 2007 is the kind of record necessary to win the White House.
- Bush opposes Yucca Mountain; at odds with Rubio Updated: May-13-15 6:06 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush isn't officially in the race yet, but he's already parting ways with one declared Republican presidential candidate regarding Yucca Mountain.
- Bush chides Clinton's 'scripted' run, but won't revisit Iraq Updated: May-13-15 5:13 pm
RENO, Nevada - Jeb Bush is criticizing Hillary Rodham Clinton for running a "scripted" Democratic presidential campaign. But he's not answering all questions that come his way, either.
- Bush eats with Sandoval, says running mate talk premature Updated: May-13-15 3:52 pm
- Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson visits Nevada Updated: May-13-15 12:48 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Dr. Ben Carson is visiting Nevada for the first time since announcing his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.
- Bush struggles to clarify stance on wisdom of invading Iraq Updated: May-12-15 7:20 pm
WASHINGTON - Struggling with the shadows of Iraq, Jeb Bush said Tuesday he would have made a different decision than his brother to invade Iraq in 2003 had he known what he does now about flaws in the nation's intelligence.
- Christie: Knowing what we know now, Iraq invasion a mistake Updated: May-12-15 6:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says that knowing what we know today, the decision to go to war with Iraq was ultimately the wrong one.
- TRAIL TRANSLATOR: They're all talking 'income inequality' Updated: May-12-15 2:56 pm
WASHINGTON - Of all the buzzwords and phrases popping up early in the presidential campaign, "income inequality" must be close to the top of the list. And it's not just Democrats insisting that the nation must deal with it firmly and fast.
- Paul announces support from New Hampshire representatives Updated: May-11-15 5:32 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Twenty Republican state representatives in New Hampshire - 8 percent of the GOP caucus - are throwing their support behind Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul's presidential campaign.
- Presidential candidate Rand Paul seeking support in Arizona Updated: May-08-15 10:02 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul gave a forceful defense Friday against using telephone records and other means without a warrant during a rally at Arizona State University.
- Romney retreat in Utah to draw GOP presidential candidates Updated: May-08-15 3:44 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Former Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney will host another retreat in Utah for high-profile political figures, business leaders and campaign donors.