- Owens tagged in Boston's 13-8 loss to New York Updated: Sep-02-15 9:03 pm
BOSTON - The Red Sox starters were due for a bad outing. And rookie lefty Henry Owens had a real bad one.
- Yankees strand 14 in 4-3 loss to Red Sox Updated: Sep-01-15 12:20 am
BOSTON - Didi Gregorius' fly ball was hit in the wrong ballpark.
- Ortiz passes Gehrig on HR chart, Red Sox lose 5-4 to Mets Updated: Aug-30-15 6:53 pm
NEW YORK - David Ortiz got a good, close-up look at the New York Mets' young rotation this weekend and was impressed.
- Cuddyer, Mets avert 3-game sweep at home, beat Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-30-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - With every swing, a healthy Michael Cuddyer is becoming a major player for the New York Mets.
- Porcello pitches Red Sox past White Sox 3-0 Updated: Aug-26-15 11:59 pm
CHICAGO - For one night at least, it was all there for Rick Porcello. He kept his fastball down, and stepped up in every big spot.
- Royals rally with 4 in 9th; beat Red Sox 8-6 Updated: Aug-23-15 5:25 pm
BOSTON - Mike Moustakas' two-run double capped a four-run ninth inning that carried the AL Central-leading Kansas City Royals to an 8-6 comeback victory over the Boston Red Sox on Sunday.
- Ortiz's 492nd among 4 Red Sox HRs in 6-4 win over Indians Updated: Aug-19-15 10:38 pm
- Red Sox hire Dombrowski as president; GM Cherington is out Updated: Aug-18-15 11:33 pm
BOSTON - On their way to a third last-place finish in four seasons, the Boston Red Sox shook up their front office on Tuesday night by hiring Dave Dombrowski as the new president of baseball operations and saying goodbye to general manager Ben Cherington.
- Mariners edge Red Sox in 12 after blowing big lead Updated: Aug-16-15 7:50 pm
BOSTON - It could have been another embarrassing loss for Seattle. Then Mike Zunino and Kyle Seager led the Mariners to a sorely needed victory.
- Red Sox manager Farrell says he has 'highly curable' cancer Updated: Aug-14-15 9:52 pm
BOSTON - Fighting back tears, Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell said Friday that he had a "highly curable" form of cancer and has taken a medical leave for the rest of the season to deal with lymphoma.
- Realmuto drives in 6 runs to help Marlins beat Red Sox 14-6 Updated: Aug-12-15 8:53 pm
MIAMI - As J.T. Realmuto walked back to the dugout in the eighth inning after whiffing wildly at a 3-2 pitch, he could afford to laugh.
- Hanley Ramirez's sore foot to be examined by doctor Updated: Aug-12-15 3:07 pm
MIAMI - Red Sox outfielder Hanley Ramirez will be examined by a doctor Thursday when the team returns to Boston to determine whether further tests are needed on his sore left foot.
- Bour's walk-off in 10th lifts Marlins over Red Sox 5-4 Updated: Aug-11-15 11:06 pm
- Bradley powers Red Sox over Tigers 7-2 Updated: Aug-09-15 6:56 pm
DETROIT - Jackie Bradley Jr. showed off his considerable promise in one big afternoon for the Boston Red Sox.
- Boston's Ramirez scratched from lineup with sore foot Updated: Aug-08-15 6:54 pm
DETROIT - Boston outfielder Hanley Ramirez was a late scratch from the lineup Saturday night against Detroit because of a sore left foot.