- Mississippi General Election Testing Advisory Updated: Oct-12-15 12:37 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - NOT FOR BROADCAST, PUBLICATION OR USE ONLINE The MISSISSIPPI general election is Tuesday, Nov. 3.
- Study: Gulfport Aquarium would eclipse tourist attractions Updated: Oct-12-15 10:54 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A marketing study finds the Mississippi Aquarium planned for Gulfport's waterfront would create a visitor experience "significantly larger in scale" than any Coast attraction.
- Hundreds rally against Confederate sign on Mississippi flag Updated: Oct-11-15 9:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Civil-rights leader Myrlie Evers-Williams, Mississippi-born rapper David Banner and a prominent South Carolina lawmaker are calling on Mississippi to remove the Confederate battle emblem from its state flag.
- Sleeper issue in Mississippi election? Transportation money Updated: Oct-10-15 5:56 pm
MARKS, Mississippi - For Gaylon Reed, the choice is stark - break the law or let his rice crop rot in the field.
- School-funding initiative backers keep outraising opponents Updated: Oct-10-15 2:10 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The most expensive ballot initiative campaign in Mississippi history got costlier in September, as supporters of the Initiative 42 education funding measure continued to outraise opponents.
- Miss. statewide incumbents raise more money than challengers Updated: Oct-09-15 8:36 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's first-term Republican governor and lieutenant governor are collecting truckloads more campaign cash than their Democratic challengers, according to the latest campaign finance reports filed Friday.
- Miss. governor up with TV ads, but no air time yet for Dem Updated: Oct-08-15 5:40 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant's campaign is running its first TV commercials this election season, but a new analysis shows his Democratic challenger, truck driver Robert Gray, hasn't bought any air time.
- Miss. lowers flags extra day for Oregon shooting victims Updated: Oct-05-15 6:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi government buildings are continuing to fly flags at half-staff to honor those killed or wounded in a mass shooting at an Oregon college.
- Democrats try to gain in House as GOP seeks supermajority Updated: Oct-01-15 3:34 pm
BOONEVILLE, Mississippi - Tracy Arnold had never held elected office before 2011, when the Republican won a House seat that had long been in the hands of Democrats and once epitomized the party's dominance in the state.
- Earle says Southern voice key to protest song Updated: Sep-29-15 11:18 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - Singer Steve Earle believes it was important to have a Southern voice on his new protest song urging Mississippi to change its state flag to remove the Confederate battle emblem.
- Mississippi governor to lead charity motorcycle ride Updated: Sep-18-15 5:29 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has once again agreed to lead the motorcycle fleet during the Home of Grace Ride and Festival, better known as the annual HOG Ride, on Sept. 26.
- Initiative 42 supporters want more information on ballot Updated: Sep-15-15 10:21 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Supporters of citizen-sponsored Initiative 42 have filed a lawsuit in an attempt to have more information about their proposal placed on the Nov. 3 ballot.