- B.B. King to be laid to rest next week in Mississippi Delta Updated: May-20-15 4:51 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The body of blues legend B.B. King will return next week to the Mississippi Delta where his life and career began.
- Harrison GOP says state party interfered in mayor's race Updated: May-15-15 9:25 am
BILOXI, Mississippi - The Harrison County Republican Executive Committee is protesting what it calls the state party's interference in the Biloxi mayor's race.
- Reef restoration, hatchery cited to help Mississippi oysters Updated: May-13-15 4:31 pm
BILOXI, Mississippi - Restoring oyster reefs and building a hatchery are among the key recommendations from the governor's Oyster Council.
- FAA picks Mississippi State to lead unmanned aircraft center Updated: May-08-15 8:39 pm
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - The Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday that Mississippi State University will lead a team of 13 universities in running a new national center to research unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Superintendent to launch own review of Common Core standards Updated: May-04-15 7:35 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi education officials will conduct their own voluntary review of the Common Core academic standards, even after Gov. Phil Bryant vetoed a bill that would have created an outside panel to examine the standards.
- Analysis: Community college fight attracts little attention Updated: May-03-15 6:19 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's Community College Board should be thankful that the state's College Board got crossways with University of Mississippi Chancellor Dan Jones.
- 2 small earthquakes shake central Mississippi Updated: May-02-15 11:04 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State emergency officials said no injuries or major damage were reported Saturday night as two small earthquakes briefly shook central Mississippi - a part of the state where quakes are unusual.
- McCullough chosen as new economic chief for Mississippi Updated: Apr-30-15 4:55 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant on Thursday named Glenn McCullough Jr. as the new director of the state's economic development agency, praising his past experience as Tennessee Valley Authority chairman, Tupelo mayor and Appalachian Regional Commission director.
- Island View's $58 million Beach Tower makes its debut Updated: Apr-30-15 10:58 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - A $58 million transformation of the beachfront tower at Island View Casino has turned the 18-story building into a hotel and conference center with a South Beach vibe and amenities that make it a luxury beach resort.
- Mississippi governor and Israeli ambassador push trade Updated: Apr-28-15 7:27 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Leaders of Israel and Mississippi say they want to increase what is now a tiny trade between the Magnolia State and Middle Eastern nation, building an economic relationship on top of political ties.
- Bryant vetoes bill he calls weak on ditching Common Core Updated: Apr-23-15 8:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Republican Gov. Phil Bryant on Thursday vetoed a bill that some lawmakers said would move Mississippi away from the Common Core academic standards adopted by this state and many others.
- Mississippi abortion clinic seeks to keep blocking 2012 law Updated: Apr-23-15 5:26 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Attorneys for Mississippi's only abortion clinic are asking the U.S. Supreme Court not to review a lower court's ruling that is keeping the clinic open.