- Proposal would erase Confederate sign from Mississippi flag Updated: Oct-02-15 7:32 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A new proposal seeks a statewide election on removing the Confederate battle emblem from the Mississippi flag. But it could be years before the issue gets on the ballot, and there's no guarantee voters would accept it.
- Democrats try to gain in House as GOP seeks supermajority Updated: Oct-01-15 3:34 pm
BOONEVILLE, Mississippi - Tracy Arnold had never held elected office before 2011, when the Republican won a House seat that had long been in the hands of Democrats and once epitomized the party's dominance in the state.
- Earle says Southern voice key to protest song Updated: Sep-29-15 11:18 am
TARRYTOWN, New York - Singer Steve Earle believes it was important to have a Southern voice on his new protest song urging Mississippi to change its state flag to remove the Confederate battle emblem.
- Backers of school funding initiative drop ballot lawsuit Updated: Sep-18-15 7:45 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A group pushing a school funding amendment has dropped its lawsuit that challenged the way it will appear on Mississippi's ballot.
- Mississippi governor to lead charity motorcycle ride Updated: Sep-18-15 5:29 am
PASCAGOULA, Mississippi - Gov. Phil Bryant has once again agreed to lead the motorcycle fleet during the Home of Grace Ride and Festival, better known as the annual HOG Ride, on Sept. 26.
- Initiative 42 supporters want more information on ballot Updated: Sep-15-15 10:21 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Supporters of citizen-sponsored Initiative 42 have filed a lawsuit in an attempt to have more information about their proposal placed on the Nov. 3 ballot.
- Chaney unopposed as Reform candidate is removed from ballot Updated: Sep-09-15 8:24 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - State election officials Wednesday removed the Reform Party candidate for Mississippi insurance commissioner from the Nov. 3 ballot, saying it was impossible to know whether he had lived in the state long enough to run.