- Atletico Madrid beats Sevilla 3-0 to stay in front in Spain Updated: Aug-30-15 7:02 pm
MADRID - Jorge "Koke" Resurreccion, Gabi Fernandez and substitute forward Jackson Martinez scored a goal each as Atletico Madrid defeated Sevilla 3-0 on Sunday to win its second game in a row and keep pace with Barcelona atop the Spanish league.
- Spain coach calls up David de Gea for Euro 2016 qualifiers Updated: Aug-28-15 9:56 am
MADRID - Spain coach Vicente del Bosque on Friday included goalkeeper David de Gea, Diego Costa and Juan Mata in his squad to take on Slovakia and Macedonia in qualifying matches for next year's European Championship.
- UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw Updated: Aug-27-15 1:00 pm
MONACO - Draw made Thursday for the UEFA Champions League group stage:
- Valencia eliminates Monaco in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-25-15 4:45 pm
MONACO - Valencia lost 2-1 at Monaco but advanced from their Champions League playoff on an aggregate 4-3 score Tuesday, giving Spain five teams in the group phase of Europe's top-tier competition.
- Different pedigree, same goal for Man United, FC Astana Updated: Aug-24-15 6:44 am
MANCHESTER, England - FC Astana did not exist when Manchester United became European champion for the third time in 2008.
- Valencia beats Monaco 3-1 in Champions League playoff Updated: Aug-19-15 4:47 pm
VALENCIA, Spain - Valencia forward Sofiane Feghouli scored after setting up the opener to lead the Spanish club to a 3-1 win over Monaco on Wednesday in the first leg of their Champions League playoff.
- Boise's Jaialdi demonstrates that 'Basque values are plural' Updated: Aug-02-15 9:26 am
BOISE, Idaho - Idaho has 7,900 residents who claim Basque heritage, 2,000 of them in Boise. Those numbers are self-reported on government surveys, so the actual Basque population could be much higher. Contrary to myth, though, Idaho is not the most populous Basque state in the U.S.