- Bill to end dog racing awaits Senate floor debate Updated: Apr-24-14 7:04 pm
- E. Iowa students crack open forgotten time capsule Updated: Apr-24-14 12:31 pm
- Dubuque man uneasy after sinkhole in street Updated: Apr-21-14 11:58 am
- Clarke U. denies claims in former coach's lawsuit Updated: Apr-17-14 4:28 pm
- 79-year-old player joins Dubuque elementary band Updated: Apr-14-14 11:46 am
- Former Iowa woman suffers 'face blindness' Updated: Apr-12-14 4:53 pm
- Dubuque considers building new overpasses Updated: Apr-10-14 2:12 pm
- Survey shows drop in Iowa cropland value Updated: Apr-08-14 3:21 pm
- Authorities say vehicle kills Iowa pedestrian Updated: Apr-07-14 6:50 pm
- Police say Iowa inmate sexually harassed others Updated: Apr-07-14 6:04 pm
- Dubuque medical group donates funds to schools Updated: Apr-04-14 1:53 pm
- Firefighters rescue boy from partially frozen pond Updated: Mar-29-14 8:23 pm
- Officials: Ice in Mississippi River delays traffic Updated: Mar-26-14 7:03 pm
- Dubuque man pleads guilty in pills case Updated: Mar-26-14 8:34 am
- Thick ice delays shipping on Mississippi River Updated: Mar-25-14 12:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A bill that would end greyhound racing in Council Bluffs but allow dog owners to continue operating a track in Dubuque was placed on the legislative fast-track Thursday, passing through the Senate committee to make it eligible for floor debate as soon as Friday.
CASCADE, Iowa - Students used hammers to crack open a cornerstone laid in 1961 and peer into a time capsule from a now defunct eastern Iowa Catholic high school.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - When Nick Thumma returned home from work in Dubuque two weeks ago a surprise awaited him - a sinkhole he said was the size of his car.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Officials at Clarke University are denying claims by a former head softball coach that she was fired because she rejected efforts by the school to make her appear more feminine.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - One member of the Kennedy Elementary School band in Dubuque brings a certain maturity to his playing.
MONTICELLO, Iowa - Tara Fall, of Menifee, California, can see just fine following a stroke she suffered some years earlier. She just can't recognize faces; not even those of her husband, children or mother, she told a crowd Friday at Loras College in Dubuque.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Officials in Dubuque are considering building overpasses above railroads to prevent long disruptions, such as earlier this week when mechanical issues caused train cars to block downtown streets for hours.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A survey shows the value of Iowa cropland has dropped for the first time since 2009.
FARLEY, Iowa - Authorities say an eastern Iowa man has been killed after being hit by a vehicle whose driver is suspected of drunken driving.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Authorities in eastern Iowa say an inmate at a county jail sexually harassed other inmates.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Recent grant money from a Dubuque medical group will be used to help area high school students pursue careers in health care, said school officials receiving the funds.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A boy was taken to a Dubuque hospital after repeatedly falling through ice on a partially frozen pond.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Barge operators say persistent ice in the Mississippi River is delaying traffic along the water by about a month.
DUBUQUE, Iowa - A Dubuque man accused of trying to get his daughter to obtain harmful pills he could slip into his wife's drink has pleaded guilty.
LA CROSSE, Wisconsin - Some Mississippi River shipping ports remain closed with a record amount of ice lingering longer than usual.