- Auditor: City paid over $600K for non-existent oyster plan Updated: May-03-16 10:01 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia Beach official says the city has paid more than $600,000 for an oyster restoration plan that doesn't exist.
- Naval air station officer injured in hit-and-run Updated: May-02-16 6:53 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Naval Air Station Oceana civilian police officer is in the hospital after being struck by a car in Virginia Beach.
- McAuliffe cabinet members to discuss children's issues Updated: May-02-16 3:48 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Members of Gov. Terry McAuliffe's "Children's Cabinet" are heading to Virginia Beach to discuss policies that impact the state's kids.
- City issues violation to park developers over logged trees Updated: Apr-27-16 11:33 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach officials have issued a zoning violation to developers of an outdoor adventure park for children with special needs, veterans with disabilities and their families for removing trees without a permit.
- Old Dominion University student fatally shot at party Updated: Apr-24-16 5:01 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Police say an Old Dominion University student was fatally shot while at a house party in Virginia Beach.
- Apartment complex where jet crashed will be demolished Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - A Virginia apartment complex where a Navy jet crashed four years ago will be demolished.
- Virginia Beach officials to turn land into new Pungo park Updated: Apr-14-16 4:58 am
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - Virginia Beach officials plan to set aside land that has been empty for over a decade for a park in the city's Pungo community by the end of the summer.
- Va. Beach City Council signals approval of light rail Updated: Apr-06-16 1:14 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - The Virginia Beach City Council has approved a memorandum of understanding that reinforces the city's commitment to a light rail extension from Norfolk to Virginia Beach.
- Correction: Cake Shop-Money Laundering story Updated: Apr-05-16 3:27 pm
VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia - In an April 4 story about a couple pleading guilty to drug and money laundering charges, The Associated Press reported erroneously that prosecutors ran a cocaine operation as the defendant's home. Prosecutors say Norvell ran the cocaine operation at his home.