- University of Missouri launches $1.3B fundraising campaign Updated: Oct-09-15 12:16 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri has officially begun the public phase of the largest fundraising campaign in the school's history, with the goal of raising $1.3 billion by 2020.
- Diversity training will be required for Missouri freshmen Updated: Oct-09-15 8:49 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - All freshmen at the University of Missouri will be required to undergo diversity training beginning in January, and the program will eventually be expanded to include all students, faculty and staff.
- University of Missouri gets $25M for democracy institute Updated: Oct-08-15 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri announced Thursday that it's received a $25 million donation from the Kinder Foundation to launch an institute to study constitutional democracy.
- Scholars edit, compile works of poet T.S. Eliot Updated: Oct-08-15 5:01 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Scholars are collecting and editing about 1,000 pieces of poet T.S. Eliot's prose - some of it never before published.
- Boehm, Lock both from Lee's Summit Updated: Oct-08-15 2:10 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Besides touching the ball on every down, Missouri's center Evan Boehm and quarterback Drew Lock share a unique relationship.
- Concealed carry permit requests up in Boone County Updated: Oct-07-15 1:43 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Boone County authorities have requested more money to deal with the expenses of processing an increasing number of requests for concealed carry permits.
- Missouri man who escaped jail sentenced to 15 years for rape Updated: Oct-06-15 7:48 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A 25-year-old man who escaped a Missouri jail cell has been sentenced to 15 years for rape.
- Lock to make another start at QB for Missouri Updated: Oct-05-15 7:08 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Freshman Drew Lock will make his second career start Saturday when Missouri hosts No. 11 Florida.
- Columbia Public Schools offers recording studio to students Updated: Oct-03-15 2:18 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A student-run recording studio is providing free access to production equipment to students in Columbia Public Schools.
- Missouri gives Pingeton 5-year contract through 2019-20 Updated: Oct-02-15 4:24 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri women's basketball coach Robin Pingeton has agreed to a new five-year contract through the 2019-2020 season that includes a base salary of $300,000.
- MU graduate students take further steps toward unionizing Updated: Oct-02-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Graduate workers at the University of Missouri's flagship campus in Columbia are moving closer to unionizing.
- University of Missouri joins effort to ease applications Updated: Oct-01-15 3:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri has joined a nationwide coalition dedicated to making it easier for high school students to apply for college.
- September blues for Missouri, out of poll and QB suspended Updated: Oct-01-15 12:34 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - It has been a tumultuous month for Missouri, which was 25th a week ago and didn't get a single Top 25 vote this week.
- Missouri's Mauk, Cuellar suspended indefinitely Updated: Sep-29-15 9:37 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk and backup tackle Malik Cuellar have been suspended indefinitely by the school for violating team rules and will not participate in the Tigers' (3-1, 0-1 SEC) home game against South Carolina (2-2, 0-2) Saturday.
- Recent Missouri Editorials Updated: Sep-29-15 5:23 pm
Kansas City Star, Sept. 25
- Columbia's century-old power plant stops burning coal Updated: Sep-29-15 12:05 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia's century-old first power plant is out of the coal business.
- Hot air balloon makes unexpected landing on Columbia street Updated: Sep-29-15 8:21 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A hot air balloon has made an accidental landing in the middle of a residential street in Columbia.
- District drops idea of 'alternate meal' for students in debt Updated: Sep-27-15 4:55 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Missouri school district's idea to provide students who owe the district money with "alternative" meals of a cheese sandwich, apple and water fell flat before ever being implemented, thanks to opposition from the community.
- Missouri Planned Parenthood set to lose hospital privileges Updated: Sep-25-15 6:05 pm
- Confederate Rock gets new home in Boone County Updated: Sep-25-15 5:30 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An 11,000-pound boulder serving as a memorial to Boone County residents who fought for the South in the Civil War has moved to its new home at the Battle of Centralia historic site.
- Michael Sam back at Mizzou, still hopeful for NFL career Updated: Sep-25-15 12:52 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Michael Sam is back in Missouri, working on a master's degree and still hopeful for a career in the NFL.
- Love of history inspires Platte County girl to read Updated: Sep-25-15 9:32 am
WESTON, Missouri - In a 100-year-old farmhouse north of Weston, Grace Cogan clunks away on a Smith-Corona manual typewriter in a tiny space her dad carved out beneath the stairs.
- No. 25 Missouri hoping RB Hansbrough can make difference Updated: Sep-23-15 8:00 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The Missouri defense is doing its job. It sure could use some more points to work with.
- Iowa man arrested in central Missouri arson fires Updated: Sep-23-15 11:32 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Authorities say an Iowa man has been arrested in a string of arsons in central Missouri.
- 2 petitions planned to ease Missouri marijuana laws Updated: Sep-22-15 3:28 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Activists are planning two initiative petitions next month that would ease restrictions on marijuana in Columbia and legalize the drug for medicinal use across Missouri.