- Defense dominates in Missouri's final scrimmage Updated: Aug-27-15 9:38 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Defense dominated with three interceptions, seven sacks and 15 tackles for loss in No. 24 Missouri's final scrimmage Thursday night.
- University of Missouri grad assistants to continue movement Updated: Aug-27-15 11:38 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A steering committee working to improve conditions of graduate assistants at the University of Missouri plans to make changes that will more effectively communicate the group's message to school officials, several committee members said.
- Foes of Missouri hog farm proposal win court ruling Updated: Aug-27-15 8:10 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A Cole County court ruling has delayed final approval of a state permit for a large hog breeding operation in mid-Missouri.
- Woman may cast sole vote on Columbia district sales tax hike Updated: Aug-26-15 1:07 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - An oversight by representatives of a business community improvement district in Columbia means a 23-year-old woman might be the only one voting on a proposed sales tax increase needed to make the district successful.
- Moberly college, Central Methodist offer joint programs Updated: Aug-26-15 9:23 am
MOBERLY, Missouri - Moberly Area Community College and Central Methodist University plan to partner to offer new degree programs in Columbia.
- Woman pleads guilty in 2011 double murder near Columbia Updated: Aug-26-15 8:25 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A central Missouri woman has pleaded guilty to her role in a double murder.
- Man arrested for hitting another man with pipe in Columbia Updated: Aug-26-15 2:17 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A man has been arrested after police say he assaulted another man with an aluminum pipe in Columbia.
- Missouri college raises minimum wage to $10 an hour Updated: Aug-24-15 4:28 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Stephens College has raised the minimum wage for its full-time employee to $10 per hour, a move that will mainly affect those in service or maintenance roles.
- New Muslim center expected to open in Columbia next summer Updated: Aug-24-15 10:46 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A new Muslim school and community center is expected to open by June 2016 in Columbia.
- Columbia clinic licensed for abortions received exemption Updated: Aug-23-15 12:13 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - When the Planned Parenthood clinic in Columbia was granted a license to provide medication-induced abortions, it was exempted from the requirement that it have a doctor on staff with surgical privileges at a hospital in the community.
- Mauk, Missouri offense have good day in scrimmage Updated: Aug-20-15 5:59 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Maty Mauk completed 15 of 22 passes for 134 yards and a touchdown and the Missouri offense had it second straight turnover-free scrimmage of fall camp.
- City of Columbia to stop burning coal in October Updated: Aug-20-15 5:36 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Several new environmental regulations have prompted the city of Columbia to stop burning coal at its power plant in mid-October.
- Moore, Blair among injured WRs at Missouri Updated: Aug-18-15 6:03 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri is banged up at wide receiver heading into the second scrimmage set for Thursday.
- Police: Explosive device found outside of Missouri motel Updated: Aug-18-15 12:02 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Columbia police are trying to determine who left an explosive device in a vacant parking lot that led to the evacuation of guests from a nearby motel.
- Graduate student employees lose health insurance subsidy Updated: Aug-17-15 3:26 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri said it's eliminating subsidies that help pay health insurance costs for graduate students employed by the school.
- Columbia Public Library reopens after flea infestation Updated: Aug-17-15 8:16 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Things are back to normal at the Columbia Public Library, after a flea infestation closed the building for a few days last week.
- Former Tigers football player cast as serial killer in movie Updated: Aug-16-15 11:28 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Former University of Missouri football player Max Copeland, once known on the field for his role on the offensive line, has landed a movie role that highlights what he says he's good at: acting crazy.
- MU to start year with 1 new, 2 renovated residence halls Updated: Aug-15-15 6:05 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The University of Missouri-Columbia is starting the year with one new and two renovated residence halls.
- Boone County to move memorial with religious symbol Updated: Aug-11-15 4:31 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - The Boone County Commission has voted to move a war memorial that includes a religious symbol from the county courthouse to a private cemetery, despite strong objections from some area residents.
- Center Evan Boehm leads Missouri's experienced line Updated: Aug-11-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Evan Boehm is not about to forget the first day of his final fall camp at Missouri.
- News Guide: Shooting during protest rocks Ferguson Updated: Aug-10-15 8:10 pm
FERGUSON, Missouri - A weekend of peaceful events marking the anniversary of Michael Brown's death turned violent when dozens of gunshots rang out at a late-night protest and police a brief time later seriously wounded a black 18-year-old accused of opening fire on officers.
- Odom rides Memphis success back to alma mater Updated: Aug-07-15 4:33 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Barry Odom has returned to familiar surroundings, and he's happy to be back.
- Missouri must find pass-catching options for Mauk Updated: Aug-06-15 8:23 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri has a few weeks to cultivate pass catching options for Maty Mauk.
- Missouri professor, researcher accused of removing artifacts Updated: Aug-06-15 11:20 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - A professor and a research specialist at the University of Missouri face charges in Washington state for allegedly removing artifacts from a national forest without proper permits.
- 2 Columbia officers won't face charges in fatal shooting Updated: Aug-04-15 11:05 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Two police officers who shot and killed a man in a Columbia parking garage will not face charges.