- Former police sergeant pleads no contest in stolen ID case Updated: Apr-21-16 9:28 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - A former police sergeant has pleaded no contest in Kern County court to a charge related to the unlawful use of someone else's identity.
- Clean air advocate: California has nation's dirtiest air Updated: Apr-20-16 3:13 am
FRESNO, California - Millions of Californians live in places with dirty air, according to an annual report card issued Wednesday that ranks two major urban areas in the state as the nation's most polluted.
- Man, 4 kids hospitalized following fire at Kern County home Updated: Apr-19-16 9:18 am
BAKERSFIELD, California - Kern County authorities say a man and four children were hospitalized after flames ripped through a home west of Bakersfield.
- Inspection finds substandard care at fifth California prison Updated: Apr-14-16 3:25 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - California's inspector general reported Thursday that a fifth state prison is still providing substandard care despite billions of dollars spent for improvements and a decade of federal oversight.
- Suns shift D-League team to Prescott Valley, Arizona Updated: Apr-12-16 5:46 pm
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns are relocating their Development League team from Bakersfield, California, to Prescott Valley, Arizona.
- Working man's poet, Merle Haggard lived his life in song Updated: Apr-06-16 10:22 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Merle Haggard didn't just write great country songs, he lived them.
- Country icon Merle Haggard, champion of the underdog, dies Updated: Apr-06-16 4:31 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Country giant Merle Haggard, who rose from poverty and prison to international fame through his songs about outlaws, underdogs and an abiding sense of national pride in such hits as "Okie From Muskogee" and "Sing Me Back Home," died Wednesday at 79, on his birthday.